On this page:
Definition of the noun 2 maccabees
What does 2 maccabees mean as a name of something?
- an Apocryphal book describing the life of Judas Maccabaeus
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- synonym of 2 Maccabees: II Maccabees
- instance of: book = a major division of a long written composition
- part of: Apocrypha = 14 books of the Old Testament included in the Vulgate (except for II Esdras) but omitted in Jewish and Protestant versions of the Bible; eastern Christian churches (except the Coptic Church) accept all these books as canonical
Alternative definition of the noun 2 maccabees
- [biblical] The second book of Maccabees of the Old Testament Apocrypha.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for 2 Maccabees
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Maccabees 2 Maccabees Poetical/ Wisdom Books Job Psalms Proverbs Ecclesiastes ...
by Stanley E. Porter
Atleast fifteen years downto161BC are coveredby 2 Maccabees. Thework has aconsistentfocuson oppressive Hellenization bythe Seleucid rulersof Syria, whichleads toa seriesof martyrdoms but is thwartedbythe successful campaigns of ...
by Johnnie Godwin, Phyllis Godwin, Karen Dockrey
Tobit Judith Judith Tobit Esther 1 Maccabees 1 Maccabees 2 Maccabees 2 Maccabees 3 Maccabees POETRY 4 Maccabees Job POETRY Psalms Psalms Proverbs Odes (including the ...
A Dictionary of the Bible (2009)
by W. R. F. Browning
Maccabees 2 Maccabees Books in the Greek and Slavonic Bibles but not in the Roman Catholic Canon (These four books, together with 4 Maccabees, and the Deutero canonical books, constitute the canon generally in use in Orthodox ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for 2 Maccabees
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video about 2 Maccabees
2 Maccabees Meaning
Video shows what 2 Maccabees means. The second book of Maccabees of the Old Testament Apocrypha.. 2 Maccabees Meaning. How to pronounce, definition ...
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of 2 Maccabees to see it in context!