"2033": In the future, the very lifeblood of old Mexico - religion and freedom of expression - are outlawed. In their place is a society ruled by a totalitarian military government that controls its people through an enhanced synthetic food. Pablo, the future equivalent of a yuppie, who enjoys designer drugs and hunting poor people, is being groomed to be the next leader. When the charismatic head of a religious cult tells him his father is still alive but enslaved by the government, Pablo joins their rebellion to rescue him and bring down the industrial-military regime.
- also known as 2033 - Das Ende ist nah!
- country: Mexico
- language: Spanish Language
- director: Francisco Laresgoiti
- producer: Yvette Gurza
- executive producers: Francisco Laresgoiti & Jordi Mariscal
- production design by Marec Fritzinger
- art direction by Daniel Hernandez Requena
- written by Jordi Mariscal
- casting by Carla Hool
- cinematography by Luis David Sansans
- edited by Carlos Puente
- music by Daniel Hidalgo
- costume design by Lupita Peckinpah
- genres: Science Fiction, World cinema
- released on (5 years ago)
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of 2033 to learn how to say it correctly!