|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective 20th
What does 20th mean as an attribute of a noun?
- coming next after the nineteenth in position
- examples: We held a party in honor of the 20th anniversary of our company. | The meeting will be postponed till the 20th of this month. | I have kept available the afternoon of the 20th and the 21st, and would like to know if Mr Grant will be available for a meeting on either of those two days. | A toast to your 20th Anniversary! | The atomic bomb is the offspring of 20th century physics. | Our School was founded in the 20th year of Meiji. | God only knows if I can live out the 20th century. | I expect to be back by the 20th. | World War II came to an end in the 20th year of the Showa era. | The graduation ceremony will take place on March 20th.
- synonym of 20th: twentieth
- similar: ordinal
20th a.k.a. 20th Century Fox: Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation —also known as 20th Century Fox, 20th Century Fox Pictures, or simply Fox, is an American film studio and one of the six major American film studios.
- read more about 20th Century Fox
- genre: Jazz fusion
- released on (14 years ago)
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of 20th to learn how to say it correctly!