On this page:
21 Guns is a melodic hard rock band formed in the early 1990s by Thin Lizzy guitarist Scott Gorham, bass guitarist Leif Johanson and drummer Mike Sturgis who met through their work with Tom Galley's and Wilfried Rimensberger's Phenomena. At the time the band was fronted by vocalist Tommy La Verdi, formerly of the band A440. A440 enjoyed moderate success with songs such as "Method to my Madness" and "Flair for the Dramatic". La Verdi was replaced for the second album by former Sons of Angels singer Hans-Olav Solli. The band was dissolved in 2000. Gorham and Johanson were reported to have joined forces again in 2008 and started to work on a new album and plan some concerts but the idea appears to have sunk without trace, with Gorham playing with Black Star Riders as of 2013.
- albums: "Salute", "Nothing's Real", "Demo-Lition"
- "21 Guns" is a song by American rock band Green Day. It was released as the second single from their eighth album, 21st Century Breakdown. The single was released through Reprise Records on May 25, 2009 as a digital download and July 14, 2009 as a CD single. The song has been a success on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, peaking at No. 22, which has become their highest charting single since 2005.
- "21 Guns" is a 2009 EP by Green Day.
- genre: Alternative rock
- released on (6 years ago)
- 21 Guns: The music video of the "21 Guns" song by Green Day.
- MTV Video Music Award for Best Rock Video nomination for Green Day
- MTV Video Music Award for Best Cinematography (Director of Photography: Jonathan Sela) nomination for Green Day
- MTV Video Music Award for Best Direction (Director: Marc Webb) nomination for Green Day
- MTV Video Music Award for Best Rock Video, received by Green Day
- MTV Video Music Award for Best Cinematography (Director of Photography: Jonathan Sela), received by Green Day
- MTV Video Music Award for Best Direction (Director: Marc Webb), received by Green Day
- "21 Guns" is a 2009 single by Green Day.
- released on (6 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for 21 Guns
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Howard Patterson
The President or an ex-President of the United States visiting a vessel of the navy , or a navy yard, receives 21 guns; the Vice-President or an ex-VicePresident and the Secretary of the Navy, 19 guns; members of the Cabinet, Justices of the ...
Encyclopedia of World War II (2007)
by Alan Axelrod, Jack A. Kingston
feet Aircraft: 21 Guns: one or two 5-inch, .51-caliber; 16 40mm Bofors; ...
A Political, Social, and Military History by Spencer C. Tucker
The two largest Royal Navy brigs—the Detroit (21 guns) and Queen Charlotte (17 guns)—were differently armed. The Detroit, Barclay's flagship, mounted long guns, while the Queen Charlotte was fitted with carronades. This decidedly mixed ...
1- by Clifton D. Bryant, Dennis L. Peck
Over time, the British salute evolved from 7 guns to using 21 guns. In the United States, the practice was to fire one gun as representing each state in the ...
by Clifton D. Bryant, Dennis L. Peck
Over time, the British salute evolved from 7 guns to using 21 guns. In the United States, the practice was to fire one gun as representing each state in the Union. With growth of the Union, by 1818, the salute had reached the use of 21 ...
by Spencer Tucker, William E. White
In order to prevent the island from being attacked by land forces from the Missouri side, the Confederates fortified New Madrid with two earthen forts and a total of 21 guns. They also fortified the Tennessee side of the river. McCown, who took ...
by Carl Cavanagh Hodge
Its 21 guns and the fervor of its defenders notwithstanding, there was no hope for success without reinforcements, which were repeatedly requested. Colonel William B. Travis arrived with only 30 cavalrymen, and Crockett arrived soon ...
The Politician's Dictionary (1775)
Or, a Summary of Political Knowledge: Containing Remarks on the Interests, Connections, Forces, Revenues, Wealth, Credit, Debts, Taxes, Commerce, and Manufactures of the Different States of Europe. Alphabetically Digested for the Use of Those who Would Wish to Understand Whatever Occurs in the Science of Politics
21 Guns. Men. First rate Second rate Third rate Fourth ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for 21 Guns
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about 21 Guns
One, 21 Guns
Photo credit: Alex Bellink
Quotes about 21 Guns
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of 21 Guns to see it in context!