Who is 2251?
2251 a.k.a. Barbara Ehrenreich is an American writer and political activist who describes herself as "a myth buster by trade", and has been called "a veteran muckraker" by The New Yorker. During the 1980s and early 1990s she was a prominent figure in the Democratic Socialists of America. She is a widely read and award-winning columnist and essayist, and author of 21 books. Ehrenreich is perhaps best known for her 2001 book Nickel and Dimed: On Getting By in America. A memoir of Ehrenreich's three-month experiment surviving on minimum wage as a waitress, hotel maid, house cleaner, nursing-home aide, and Wal-Mart clerk, it was described by Newsweek magazine as "jarring" and "full of riveting grit", and by The New Yorker as an "exposé" putting "human flesh on the bones of such abstractions as 'living wage' and 'affordable housing'".
- also known as Ehrenreich, Barbara; Barbara Alexander
- born on (73 years ago) in Butte
- nationality: United States of America
- religion: Atheism
- profession: Journalist, historian, writer, author
- parent of
- written works: "Dancing in the Streets", "Nickel and Dimed", "Fear of Falling", "The Snarling Citizen", "Re-Making Love", "Complaints and disorders", "Blood rites", "Hexen Hebammen Und Krankenschwestern", "For her own good", "The Hearts of Men", "Arbeit poor. Unterwegs in der Dienstleistungsgesellschaft.", "Witches, Midwives, and Nurses", "Bait and Switch", "This Land Is Their Land: Reports from a Divided Nation", "Long March, short spring", "Global Woman", "Die Herzen der Männer", "Le streghe siamo noi", "The worst years of our lives", "The American health empire", "Living with a Wild God: A Nonbeliever's Search for the Truth about Everything"
- some of the awards:
- Guggenheim Fellowship for Creative Arts, US & Canada (General Nonfiction)
- Lannan Literary Award for Nonfiction
- Lannan Literary Fellowship
- official website: www.barbaraehrenreich.com
"2251" a.k.a. "Chessboard Planet" is a book by C. L. Moore.
- also known as "Tomorrow and Tomorrow & The Fairy Chessmen", The Far Reality
- genre: Speculative fiction
- copyright: 1946
2251 a.k.a. Moccasin Flats is a Canadian drama series that ran for three full seasons. This series, which has been aired on the Aboriginal Peoples Television Network and Showcase Television since 2004, is a co-produced by Big Soul Productions Inc. and Stephan Onda Productions inc.. It takes place in Moccasin Flats, Regina, Saskatchewan, an urban reserve where the inhabitants struggle to maintain their cultural identity while overcoming poverty, gangs, violence, and racism. The series features award nominated actor Andrea Menard and original music by Donald Quan.
- begun on (11 years ago)
- 22 episodes of 30 minutes each, in 3 seasons
- country: Canada
- regular cast: Andrea Menard
- genre: Drama
- Academy of Canadian Cinema and Television Award for Best Dramatic Series (Season 3) nomination for Jennifer Podemski & Laura Miliken
- Gemini Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Continuing Leading Dramatic Role (Domestic Bliss) nomination for Andrea Menard
- Gemini Award for Best Original Music Score for a Dramatic Series (Season III - The Other Side) nomination for Donald Quan
2251 is a Postal Code.
- 2251 a.k.a. Haloferax: In taxonomy, Haloferax is a genus of the Halobacteriaceae.
- 2251 a.k.a. fibroblast growth factor 6 is a gene.