"22553" a.k.a. "A.D." is a British/Italian miniseries in six parts which adapts the narrative in the Acts of the Apostles. Considered as the third and final installment in a TV miniseries trilogy which began with Moses the Lawgiver and Franco Zeffirelli's Jesus of Nazareth, it was adapted from Anthony Burgess's novel The Kingdom of the Wicked, which was itself a sequel to Burgess's book Man Of Nazareth, on which was based Zeffirelli's movie. The title is the abbreviation for Anno Domini, as the events occur in the first years of the Christian Era.
- begun on (29 years ago)
- countries: United States of America, Italy, United Kingdom
- language: English Language
- director: Stuart Cooper
- producer: Tarak Ben Ammar
- music by Lalo Schifrin
- genres: Christian film, Costume drama, Miniseries
- subject: The Bible
- released on (29 years ago)
- Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Film Editing - Special (Outstanding Film Editing for a Limited Series or a Special) nomination for John A. Martinelli
- Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Special Visual Effects nomination for Syd Dutton, Albert Whitlock, Mark Whitlock, Dennis Glouner, Bill Taylor & Lynn Ledgerwood
- Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Special Visual Effects, received by Syd Dutton, Albert Whitlock, Dennis Glouner, Bill Taylor, Lynn Ledgerwood & Mark Whitlock
22553 a.k.a. Algoritam is a publisher.
22553 is a Postal Code in United States of America.