"2266" a.k.a. "The Caves of Steel" is a novel by Isaac Asimov. It is essentially a detective story, and illustrates an idea Asimov advocated, that science fiction is a flavor that can be applied to any literary genre, rather than a limited genre itself. Specifically, in the book Asimov's Mysteries, he states that he wrote the novel in response to the assertion by editor John W. Campbell that mystery and science fiction were incompatible genres. Campbell had said that the science fiction writer could invent "facts" in his imaginary future that the reader would not know. Asimov countered that there were rules implicit in the art of writing mysteries, and that the clues could be in the plot, even if they were not obvious, or were deliberately obfuscated. He went on to write several science-fiction mysteries in both novel and short-story form, as well as mainstream mysteries such as Murder at the ABA, which was not science fiction.
- also known as "Caves of Steel"; "Caves of Steel (Robot City)"; "The Caves of Steel (Robot Series)"; "The Caves of Steel (Crest SF, P2497)"; "The Caves of Steel (Robot (Tantor))"; "The Caves of Steel (The Robot Series)"; "The Caves of Steel (Pyramid SF, F-784)"; "The Caves of Steel (Cambridge English Language Learning)"; "The caves of steel: a science-fiction novel"; 鋼穴
- language: English Language
- R. Daneel Olivaw
- Elijah Baley
- genres: Science Fiction, Fiction, Children's literature, Fantasy, Speculative fiction, Mystery
- subject: Adventure
- copyright: 1954
- released in (62 years ago)
- award: - Retro Hugo Award for Best Novel nomination for Isaac Asimov
- 2266 a.k.a. Azelaic acid is an organic compound with the formula₇₂. This saturated dicarboxylic acid exists as a white powder. It is found in wheat, rye, and barley. It is a component of a number of hair and skin conditioners.
- also known as Nonanedioic acid, Anchoate, Anchoic acid, Lepargylate, Lepargylic acid
- 2266 a.k.a. Leader Dog is an animated film series on Nicktoons. The series was produced by Animation Collective, created by Larry Schwarz and debuted in 2004. For a time a full 30 minutes series was planned, but the idea was scrapped due to lack of interest from viewers.
- 2266 a.k.a. fibrinogen gamma chain is a gene.
- also known as fibrinogen, gamma polypeptide; fibrinogen, gamma chain
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of 2266 to learn how to say it correctly!