On this page:
"24 City": Jia Zhangke’s last feature, Still Life, was set in Fengjie, an ancient river city flooded and rebuilt as part of China’s monumental Three Gorges Dam Project; his latest, 24 City, takes place in and around a giant, formerly-top-secret aircraft plant in Chengdu City, Sichuan. Again, the subject is displacement. Having been purchased by a state-controlled real estate developer, China Resources, Factory 420 is slated for demolition.
- also known as Er Shi Si Cheng, The Story of the 24 City, Twenty-Four City
- countries: China, Japan, Hong Kong
- languages: Standard Chinese, Shanghainese, Sichuanese Mandarin
- producers: Wang Hong, Shozo Ichiyama, Jia Zhangke
- executive producers: Yong Tang, Keung Chow, Zhong-lun Ren
- production design by Qiang Liu
- written by Zhai Yongming & Jia Zhangke
- cinematography by Yu Lik-wai & Wang Yu
- edited by Kong Jing-lei & Xudong Lin
- music by Lim Giong, Yoshihiro Hanno
- genres: Docudrama, Art film, Historical fiction, Drama
- subject: Social issues
- released on (6 years ago)
- official website: www.bitters.co.jp/shisen
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for 24 City
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Age of New Waves (2013)
Art Cinema and the Staging of Globalization by James Tweedie
Unlike many films with similar settings and political agendas, however, 24 City is a hybrid of fact and fiction, as five interviews with workers and retirees from the On Living in a Young City 299.
Contexts by Lina Khatib
Like Jia's previous two films, 24 City is a picturesque eulogy to a time of Chinese life that has been eclipsed by the market reforms pursued by the Chinese government. 24 City demonstrates Jia's aesthetic style with on-location shooting, ...
by Alastair H. Thomas
The 24 city courts (byretter) decide civil and criminal cases, with the possibility of appeals to the high court and the Supreme Court. County courts also decided probate, housing, property registrations, and bailiffs' cases. County court judges ...
by Trudy Ring, Robert M. Salkin, Sharon La Boda
West Bank, 24 city walls, Babylon, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for 24 City
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about 24 City
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of 24 City to see it in context!