242 is a palindrome (it reads the same backward as forward).View more palindromes!
- 242 a.k.a. Fiji: An island nation in the South Pacific Ocean east of Vanuatu, west of Tonga and south of Tuvalu. The country occupies an archipelago of about 322 islands, of which 106 are permanently inhabited, and 522 islets. The two major islands, Viti Levu and Vanua Levu, account for 87% of the population. The first people of Fiji arrived long before contact with European explorers in the seventeenth century. Pottery excavated from Fijian towns shows that Fiji was settled before or around 1000BC, although the question of Pacific migration still lingers.The Dutch explorer Abel Tasman visited Fiji in 1643 while looking for the Great Southern Continent. It was not until the nineteenth century, however, that Europeans settled the islands permanently.The islands came under British control as a colony in 1874, and the British brought over Indian contract labourers. It was granted independence in 1970. Democratic rule was interrupted by two military coups in 1987 because the government was perceived as dominated by the Indo-Fijian community. The second 1987 coup saw the British monarchy and the Governor General replaced by a non-executive President, and the country changed the long form of its name from Dominion of Fiji to Republic of Fiji. The coups and accompanying civil unrest contributed to heavy Indian emigration; the population loss resulted in economic difficulties but ensured that Melanesians became the majority.
- 242 a.k.a. Steel First was a steel junior roller coaster located at Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom in South Whitehall Township, Pennsylvania.
242 a.k.a. Vista is a publisher.
"242" a.k.a. "Whiteout" is an award-winning book by Sage Walker, long-listed work.
- 242 a.k.a. Thyrotoxicosis is a symptom, icd-9-cm classification.
- also known as Excess of thyroid hormones, High levels of thyroid hormone
- 242 a.k.a. Hot l Baltimore is a 1975 American television situation comedy series adapted from a hit off-Broadway play by Lanford Wilson.
- 242 a.k.a. arachidonate 12-lipoxygenase, 12R type is a gene.
- also known as epidermis-type lipoxygenase 12
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of 242 to learn how to say it correctly!