Who is 248?
248 a.k.a. Hannah Arendt: Johanna "Hannah" Arendt was a German-born political theorist. Though often described as a philosopher, she rejected that label on the grounds that philosophy is concerned with "man in the singular" and instead described herself as a political theorist because her work centers on the fact that "men, not Man, live on the earth and inhabit the world." An assimilated Jew, she escaped Europe during the Holocaust and became an American citizen. Her works deal with the nature of power, and the subjects of politics, direct democracy, authority, and totalitarianism. The Hannah Arendt Prize is named in her honor.
- also known as Johanna Arendt, Johanna "Hannah" Arendt
- born on (108 years ago) in Hanover, child of Paul Arendt and Martha Cohn
- ethnicity: Jewish people, Germans
- nationality: United States of America, German Empire
- profession: Writer, philosopher, author, essayist, political scientist
- died on (39 years ago) in New York City of myocardial infarction
- read more about Hannah Arendt (philosopher)
"248" a.k.a. "Worldwar: Striking the Balance" is an alternate history and science fiction novel by Harry Turtledove. It is the fourth and final novel of the Worldwar tetralogy, as well as the fourth installment in the extended Worldwar series that includes the Colonization trilogy and the novel Homeward Bound.
- also known as "Worldwar"
- language: English Language
- genres: Alternate history, Science Fiction, Speculative fiction
- copyright: 1996
- released on (18 years ago)
- 248 a.k.a. The Åland Islands or Åland is an autonomous, demilitarised, monolingually Swedish-speaking region of Finland that consists of an archipelago lying at the entrance to the Gulf of Bothnia in the Baltic Sea. Collectively, the islands in the archipelago form the smallest region of Finland, constituting 0.49% of its land area and 0.50% of its population.
- also known as Aland, Ålands Landskap, Åland, Province Of Aland, Province Of Åland, Ahvenanmaan Laani, Ahvenanmaan Maakunta, Alands Lan, Landskapet Aland, Ålands Län, Ahvenanmaan Lääni, Landskapet Åland, Alands Landskap, Ahvenanmaa
- founded in (95 years ago)
- country: Finland
- official website: www.aland.ax
- 248 is a Postal Code.
- 248 a.k.a. Enterobacter cloacae is a clinically significant Gram-negative, facultatively-anaerobic, rod-shaped bacterium.
- 248 a.k.a. Boot Camp was an American weekly reality tv game show that aired for one season on Fox starting March 28, 2001. The show drew a lawsuit from Mark Burnett due to similarity to his reality show Survivor. The game was won by Jen Whitlow from Atlanta, Georgia.
- 248 a.k.a. alkaline phosphatase, intestinal is a gene.
- also known as Kasahara isozyme, glycerophosphatase, alkaline phosphomonoesterase, intestinal alkaline phosphatase
- 248 a.k.a. Get Well Soon - Season 1 is a tv season.
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of 248 to learn how to say it correctly!