Who is 253?
253 a.k.a. Aristotle was a Greek philosopher and scientist born in the Macedonian city of Stagirus, in 384 BCE. His father, Nicomachus, died when Aristotle was a child, whereafter Proxenus of Atarneus became his guardian. At eighteen, he joined Plato's Academy in Athens and remained there until the age of thirty-seven. His writings cover many subjects – including physics, biology, zoology, metaphysics, logic, ethics, aesthetics, poetry, theater, music, rhetoric, linguistics, politics and government – and constitute the first comprehensive system of Western philosophy. Shortly after Plato died, Aristotle left Athens and, at the request of Philip of Macedon, tutored Alexander the Great between 356 and 323 BCE. According to the Encyclopædia Britannica, "Aristotle was the first genuine scientist in history ... [and] every scientist is in his debt.
- also known as Aristote, Aristotélēs
- born in 0383 B.C. (2399 years ago) in Chalkidiki, child of Nicomachus and Phaestis
- ethnicity: Greeks
- nationality: Greece
- profession: Philosopher, writer, tutor, scientist, polymath, teacher
- died in 0321 B.C. (2337 years ago) in Chalcis of natural causes
- read more about Aristotle (philosopher)
253 a.k.a. Fantasy Press was an American publishing house specialising in fantasy and science fiction titles. Established in 1946 by Lloyd Arthur Eshbach in Reading, Pennsylvania, it was most notable for publishing the works of authors such as Robert A. Heinlein and E. E. Smith. One of its more notable offerings was the Lensman series.
"253" a.k.a. "Archangel" is a 1997 science fiction novel by Sharon Shinn. It is the first book in the Samaria series of novels.
- also known as "Archangel (Samaria, Book 1)"
- language: English Language
- genres: Science Fiction, Children's literature, Speculative fiction, Fantasy
- copyright: 1996
- released in (19 years ago)
- award: - Crawford Award, received by Sharon Shinn
253 a.k.a. Dangerous Women is a syndicated nighttime American soap opera about a group of women who served time in prison together. It was created and written by Reg Watson and produced by Reg Grundy Productions.
- begun on and completed on (24 years ago)
- 52 episodes of 60 minutes each
- country: United States of America
- created by Reg Watson
- regular cast:
- genres: Soap opera, Drama
- 253 a.k.a. Great Ghost Tales - Season 1 is a tv season.
- 253 a.k.a. Disorders of the pituitary gland and its hypothalamic control is an icd-9-cm classification.
- 253 a.k.a. amyotrophic lateral sclerosis 3 (autosomal dominant) is a gene.
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of 253 to learn how to say it correctly!