269 a.k.a. Sugar is the generalized name for sweet, short-chain, soluble carbohydrates, many of which are used in food. They are carbohydrates, composed of carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen. There are various types of sugar derived from different sources. Simple sugars are called monosaccharides and include glucose, fructose and galactose. The table or granulated sugar most customarily used as food is sucrose, a disaccharide. Other disaccharides include maltose and lactose. Longer chains of sugars are called oligosaccharides. Chemically-different substances may also have a sweet taste, but are not classified as sugars. Some are used as lower-calorie food substitutes for sugar described as artificial sweeteners.
"269" a.k.a. "Men at Arms" is the 15th Discworld novel by Terry Pratchett first published in 1993. It is the second novel about the Ankh-Morpork City Watch on the Discworld. Lance-constable Angua von Überwald, later in the series promoted to the rank of Sergeant, is introduced in this book. Lance-constable Detritus is introduced as a new member of the watch as well, though he had already appeared in other Discworld novels, most notably in Moving Pictures. Also notable is the only appearance of Lance-constable Cuddy.
- also known as "Men at Arms (Discworld)", "Men at Arms (Discworld Series)", "Le Guet des orfèvres"
- language: English Language
- Dr. Cruces
- Leonard of Quirm
- Fred Colon
- The Librarian
- Nobby Nobbs
- Ronald Rust
- Mrs. Cake
- Lorenzo the Kind
- Foul Ole Ron
- Edward d'Eath
- Thomas Silverfish
- genres: Science Fiction, Fiction, Fantasy, Speculative fiction
- subjects: Drama, Epic film
- copyright: 1993
- released in (22 years ago)
269 a.k.a. Unwin is a publisher.
- 269: A 269 a 268 és 270 között található természetes szám.
- 269 a.k.a. Other nutritional deficiencies is an icd-9-cm classification.
- 269 a.k.a. anti-Mullerian hormone receptor, type II is a gene.
- also known as Mullerian inhibiting substance type II receptor, anti-Mullerian hormone receptor type II
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of 269 to learn how to say it correctly!