272 is a palindrome (it reads the same backward as forward).View more palindromes!
Who is 272?
272 a.k.a. Matthew Arnold was an English poet and cultural critic who worked as an inspector of schools. He was the son of Thomas Arnold, the famed headmaster of Rugby School, and brother to both Tom Arnold, literary professor, and William Delafield Arnold, novelist and colonial administrator. Matthew Arnold has been characterised as a sage writer, a type of writer who chastises and instructs the reader on contemporary social issues.
- also known as Арнолд, Мэтью; Арнолд Мет'ю
- born on (192 years ago) in Laleham, child of Thomas Arnold
- nationality: England
- profession: Critic, poet
- died on (126 years ago) in Liverpool
- written works: "Essays and poems of Arnold", "Passages from the prose writings of Matthew Arnold", "The essential Matthew Arnold", "The scholar-gipsy and Thyris", "The touchstones of poetry", "Études sur les États-Unis", "My countrymen", "Four essays on life and letters", "Common schools abroad", "Poems, 1840-1867", "A Field Guide for Government Agencies", "Essays, letters, and reviews", "Schools and universities on the Continent", "French Eton, or, Middle class education and the state", "Discourses in America", "On Home Rule for Ireland", "New poems", "Note-books of Matthew Arnold", "Last essays on church and religion", "Treasury of Matthew Arnold", "Poetry and criticism of Matthew Arnold", "Friendship's garland", "An Arnold verse selection", "Higher schools and universities in Germany", "Suhrāb va Rustam", "The Function Of Criticism At The Present Time", "Essays by Matthew Arnold", "Essays", "Essays religious and mixed", "Essays in Criticism", "Literature & dogma", "Dissent and dogma", "Night Poems", "Empedocles on Etna", "Philistinism in England and America", "St. Paul and Protestantism", "Alaric at Rome", "Arnold - poetry and prose", "Guide to English literature and Essay on Gray", "Stakeholder Negotiations", "The Oxford poems of Matthew Arnold", "Select poems of Matthew Arnold", "The English Poets - Vol IV", "Dover beach and other poems", "Civilization in the United States", "English literature and Irish politics", "Bitter Knowledge and 'Unconquerable Hope'", "Dramas and prize-poems", "God & the Bible", "Poems of Wordsworth"
"272" a.k.a. "Lords and Ladies" is the fourteenth Discworld book by Terry Pratchett. It was originally published in 1992. Much of the storyline spoofs elements of Shakespeare's play A Midsummer Night's Dream.
- also known as "Lords and Ladies (Discworld Novels)", "Lords and Ladies (Acting Edition)", "Nobliaux et sorcières"
- language: English Language
- Granny Weatherwax
- Discworld characters
- Magrat Garlick
- Ponder Stibbons
- The Bursar
- The Librarian
- Shawn Ogg
- Lucy Tockley
- Lecturer in Recent Runes
- Jason Ogg
- Aliss Demurrage
- genres: Fantasy, Science Fiction, Fiction, Speculative fiction
- copyright: 1992
- released in (23 years ago)
272 a.k.a. Santo Bugito is a 1995 animated cartoon series produced and developed by Klasky-Csupo for CBS and created by Arlene Klasky. It ran for thirteen episodes and revolved around the goings on in a fictional community of insects. Notable achievements of this series included a revival of the insect-community genre well before Antz or A Bug's Life, and voice cameos from well known performers such as James Belushi. The regular cast included Hollywood veterans such as Henry Gibson, George Kennedy, Cheech Marin, and Joan Van Ark. The show has also aired on ITV in the United Kingdom and on ABC in Australia.
- begun in (20 years ago)
- 13 episodes of 30 minutes each
- country: United States of America
- regular cast:
- genres: Animation, Children's television series, Western
272 a.k.a. Rollo Coaster is a wooden roller coaster located at Idlewild and Soak Zone near Ligonier, Pennsylvania. It was built in 1938 by the leading roller coaster builder of that era, the Philadelphia Toboggan Coasters. It was Idlewild's first and only roller coaster for decades until the larger Wild Mouse coaster was erected in 1993.
- 272 a.k.a. Disorders of lipoid metabolism is an icd-9-cm classification.
- 272 a.k.a. adenosine monophosphate deaminase (isoform E) is a gene.
- also known as erythrocyte-specific AMP deaminase, AMP deaminase 3, erythrocyte type AMP deaminase, AMP aminohydrolase, myoadenylate deaminase, erythrocyte adenosine monophosphate deaminase
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of 272 to learn how to say it correctly!