Definition of 2G
What does 2G mean?
- Retronym refering to standards before 3G. Includes GSM, DMA, TDMA, iDEN, and PDC.
- 2g a.k.a. Cargoitalia S.p.A. was a cargo airline with its head office in the Avioport Logistics Park in Lonate Pozzolo, Province of Varese, Italy, near Milan. The airline had its registered office in Milan. It operated all-cargo scheduled and charter services from Italy to the Middle East, the Far East and North America. Its main base was Malpensa Airport.
- official website: www.cargoitalia.it
- 2g a.k.a. Debonair was a British airline operating mainly from London Luton Airport offering flights to and from Spain, France, Germany and Italy. It ceased operations in October 1999.
- 2g a.k.a. San Juan Airlines is an airline operating scheduled and charter flights in the U.S. state of Washington and the Canadian province of British Columbia. Its main base of operations is Bellingham near the San Juan Islands. The airline's fleet consists of Cessna 172 and 207 aircraft.
- official website: www.sanjuanairlines.com
2G is a musical group.
- also known as Pierrejean Gaucher & Christophe Godin
- album: "2G"
2G is a fictional character from the 2012 film Rowdy Rathore.
"2G" is a musical album of 2G.
- released in (8 years ago)
2G is short for second-generation wireless telephone technology. Second generation 2G cellular telecom networks were commercially launched on the GSM standard in Finland by Radiolinja in 1991. Three primary benefits of 2G networks over their predecessors were that phone conversations were digitally encrypted; 2G systems were significantly more efficient on the spectrum allowing for far greater mobile phone penetration levels; and 2G introduced data services for mobile, starting with SMS text messages. 2G technologies enabled the various mobile phone networks to provide the services such as text messages, picture messages and MMS. All text messages sent over 2G are digitally encrypted, allowing for the transfer of data in such a way that only the intended receiver can receive and read it.
- also known as Second-generation Wireless Telephone Technology, 2nd-generation Wireless Telephone Technology