On this page:
38 Special is an American rock band that was formed by neighborhood friends Don Barnes and Donnie Van Zant in 1974 in Jacksonville, Florida.
- also known as Thirty Eight Special, (38 Special)
- genres: Rock music, Southern rock, Hard rock, Country rock, Boogie rock, Blues rock
- albums: "20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection: The Best of .38 Special", "38 Special", "A Wild-Eyed Christmas Night", "Anthology", "Bone Against Steel", "Drivetrain", "Extended Versions: The Encore Collection", "Flashback Live EP", "Flashback", "Greatest Hits", "Hold on Loosely", "Hold on Loosely / Rockin' Into the Night", "Live at Sturgis", "Resolution", "Rock & Roll Strategy", "Rockin' Into the Night", "Special Delivery", "Special Forces", "Strength in Numbers", "The Very Best of the A&M Years (1977-1988)", "Tour de Force", "Wild-Eyed Southern Boys", "Second Chance", "Best Shots", "Wild Eyed and Live", "Caught Up in You", "Live in Concert"
- official website: 38special.com
- "38 Special": 38 Special is the first album by the southern rock band, 38 Special, released in 1977 on A&M, their first of many for the label. It was remastered and reissued on the Lemon record label in 2003.
- also known as .38 Special
- genre: Southern rock
- released in (39 years ago)
- "38 special" is a musical single of SHERBETS.
- released on (15 years ago)
- "38 special" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- music and lyrics by Ken'ichi Asai
38 Special a.k.a. .38 Special: The .38 Smith & Wesson Special is a rimmed, centerfire cartridge designed by Smith & Wesson. It is most commonly used in revolvers, although some semi-automatic pistols and carbines also use this round. The .38 Special was the standard service cartridge of most police departments in the United States from the 1920s to the early 1990s, and was also a common sidearm cartridge used by soldiers in World War I. In other parts of the world, it is known by its metric designation of 9×29.5mmR or 9.1x29mmR.
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for 38 special
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by David W. Arnold
The 38 Special is an extremely versatile round that is powerful enough for defense, especially in the modern +P loadings, as well as being extremely accurate. The latter characteristic has made it a longtime favorite with serious target shooters.
by Vin T. Sparano
Special cartridge and the gun can be used for target shooting and plinking. This is a particularly good combination for the reloader, since the . 38 Special is an inexpensive round to turn out. A more recently introduced handgun ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for 38 special
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about 38 special
Click on an item to view that photo:
- .38 Special
Photo credit: termie
- .38 Special
Perhaps unsurprisingly, Chris felt at home with the more classic firerams.
Photo credit: beltzner
- .38 Special Coaster Set
Record basket full of the nine album cover coasters.
Photo credit: McCoyCreations
- Render Iveco 190.38 Special
Photo credit: Alang7™
- Render Iveco 190.38 Special (Edited Version)
Photo credit: Alang7™
- Shooting the 38 Special Revolver Offhand
Photo credit: bk1bennett
Quotes about 38 special
Start living now. Stop saving the good china for that special occasion. Stop withholding your love until that special person materializes. Every day you are alive is a special occasion. Every minute, every breath, is a gift from God. (Mary Manin Morrissey)
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of 38 special to see it in context!