3rd is a tautogram (all words start with the same letter). View more tautograms!
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective 3rd
What does 3rd mean as an attribute of a noun?
- coming next after the second and just before the fourth in position
- examples: For three nights starting January 3rd, please. | The results were as follows: Japan 1st; Spain 2nd; Italy 3rd. | The brave sentry thinks it's funny that most Spanish 3rd-person-sentences have six possible ways of being translated to German. | On the 3rd of March, at around noon, an express letter was thrown into the entrance of my house. | March 3rd is a Girls' Day, the traditional Japanese festival held to wish girls both health and growth.
- synonyms of 3rd: tertiary / third
- similar: ordinal
Alternative definition of the adjective 3rd
- See third.
Definition of the verb 3rd
What does 3rd mean as a doing word?
- To third.
- "3rd" a.k.a. "Third": 3rd, also re-issued as Sister Lovers, is the third studio album by American rock band Big Star. It was recorded in 1974. Though Ardent Studios created test pressings for the record in 1975, a combination of financial issues, the uncommercial sound of the record, and lack of interest from singer Alex Chilton and drummer Jody Stephens in continuing the project prevented the album from ever being properly finished or released at the time of its recording. It was eventually released in 1978 by PVC Records.
- read more about Third
- "3rd" is a song released as both a single and an EP by the Finnish rock band The Rasmus, released in 1996 by the record label Warner Music Finland.
- "3rd" is a musical album of The Baseball Project.
- released on
- "3rd" is a musical album of 4TET.
- released on (7 years ago)
- "3rd" is a musical album of Jeruji.
- released in (11 years ago)
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of 3rd to learn how to say it correctly!