The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun 4:
On this page:
Fun fact! The word "four" has four letters; in the English language there is no other number whose number of letters is equal to its value.
Fun fact! "Underground", "underfund", and "underwound" are the only words in English that begins and ends with the letters "und".
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun 4
What does 4 mean as a name of something?
- the cardinal number that is the sum of three and one
- lexical domain: Quantities - nouns denoting quantities and units of measure
- synonyms of 4: four / foursome / IV / Little Joe / quadruplet / quartet / quatern / quaternary / quaternion / quaternity / tetrad
- more generic words: digit / figure = one of the elements that collectively form a system of numeration
Definition of the adjective 4
What does 4 mean as an attribute of a noun?
Other definitions of 4
What does 4 also mean?
- [context: text messaging, slang] abbreviation of [term, for]