401 a.k.a. Vitamin C or L-ascorbic acid, or simply ascorbate, is an essential nutrient for humans and certain other animal species. Vitamin C refers to a number of vitamers that have vitamin C activity in animals, including ascorbic acid and its salts, and some oxidized forms of the molecule like dehydroascorbic acid. Ascorbate and ascorbic acid are both naturally present in the body when either of these is introduced into cells, since the forms interconvert according to pH.
- also known as Drug: Vitamin C; Vitamin C, total ascorbic acid; VITC; L-ascorbic; Ascorbate
"401" a.k.a. "The lighthouse at the end of the world" is a book by Stephen Marlowe.
- genre: Speculative fiction
- copyright: 1995
401 a.k.a. The Strangerers is a British television comedy drama science fiction series written by Rob Grant and was broadcast on Sky One between 15 February and 11 April 2000.
- begun on and completed on (15 years ago)
- 9 episodes of 30 minutes each
- country: United Kingdom
- regular cast:
- genres: Science Fiction, Sitcom, Comedy-drama, Comedy
"401" a.k.a. "<401>" is a musical album of The Agents.
- released on (15 years ago)
- 401 a.k.a. Ontario Highway 401: King's Highway 401, also known by its official name as the Macdonald–Cartier Freeway and colloquially as the four-oh-one, is a 400-series highway in the Canadian province of Ontario. It stretches 817.9 kilometres from Windsor to the Quebec border. The part of Highway 401 that passes through Toronto is the busiest highway in the world, and one of the widest. Together with Quebec Autoroute 20, it forms the road transportation backbone of the Quebec City–Windsor Corridor, along which over half of Canada's population resides. The entire route is maintained by the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario and patrolled by the Ontario Provincial Police. The posted speed limit is 100 km/h throughout its length.
- read more about Ontario Highway 401
- 401 a.k.a. is a Postal Code.
There are other places with in their name, like Area Code 401.
- 401 a.k.a. Cycloserine is a drug sold under the brand name Seromycin. It is an antibiotic effective against Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Since the discovery that cycloserine is able to penetrate into the central nervous system, numerous studies have been conducted to assess the efficacy of cycloserine for psychiatric disorders. It has been found to be effective in the treatment of some neurological disorders, due to its effect as a selective partial agonist of the N-methyl-D-aspartic acid glutamatergic receptors found in the basolateral nucleus of the amygdala. Specifically, cycloserine affects the glycine-binding sites which are important for opening these NMDA channels. Cycloserine is stable under basic conditions, with the greatest stability at pH = 11.5. Under mildly acidic conditions, it breaks down into hydroxylamine and D-serine, whereas under prolonged hydrolysis, it breaks down into hydroxylamine and DL-serine.
- 401 a.k.a. Essential hypertension is the form of hypertension that by definition, has no identifiable cause. It is the most common type of hypertension, affecting 95% of hypertensive patients, it tends to be familial and is likely to be the consequence of an interaction between environmental and genetic factors. Prevalence of essential hypertension increases with age, and individuals with relatively high blood pressure at younger ages are at increased risk for the subsequent development of hypertension. Hypertension can increase the risk of cerebral, cardiac, and renal events.
- also known as Idiopathic hypertension, Primary hypertension
- 401 is an aircraft model.
- 401 a.k.a. paired-like (aristaless) homeobox 2a is a gene.
- also known as fibrosis of extraocular muscles, congenital, 2, autosomal recessive; aristaless (Drosophila) homeobox, aristaless homeobox (Drosophila), fibrosis of extraocular...; aristaless homeobox homolog; arix homeodomain protein; paired-like homeobox 2a
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of 401 to learn how to say it correctly!