Definition of the noun 40s
What does 40s mean as a name of something?
- The decade of the 1940s.
- Temperatures from 40 to 49 degrees.
- [slang] [plural of, 40, nodot=1] (bottle of beer).
- 40s: This is a list of events occurring in the 40s, ordered by year.
- 40s a.k.a. '40s on 4: '40s on 4 is a commercial-free music channel on the Sirius XM Radio platform, broadcasting on Sirius XM channel 4 as well as Dish Network channel 6004.. The channel mostly plays big band, swing, and hit parade music from 1936 to 1949, with occasional songs from the early 1950s.
- official website: the40s.xmradio.com
- 40S a.k.a. Eukaryotic Small Ribosomal Subunit: Ribosomal particles are denoted according to their sedimentation coefficients in Svedberg units. The 40S subunit is the small subunit of eukaryotic 80S ribosomes. It is structurally and functionally related to the 30S subunit of 70S prokaryotic ribosomes. However, the 40S subunit is much larger than the prokaryotic 30S subunit and contains many additional protein segments, as well as rRNA expansion segments.
- read more about Eukaryotic Small Ribosomal Subunit
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of 40s to learn how to say it correctly!