441 a.k.a. The Ralph W. Shattuck House is a historic house at 274–276 Broadway in Arlington, Massachusetts. The 2.5 story wood frame double house was built c. 1875, and is one of the best-preserved Italianate houses in the town. It was owned by Ralph W. Shattuck, proprietor of Shattuck Hardware, one Arlington's longest-running businesses.
"441" a.k.a. "Escape Plus" is a book by Ben Bova.
- genre: Speculative fiction
- copyright: 1984
- 441 a.k.a. 3-Hydroxybutyric acid: It is one of the ketone bodies produced in the liver and occurs at high levels in the blood and urine in ketosis. Persistent mild hyperketonemia is a common finding in newborns. These compounds serve as an indispensable source of energy for extrahepatic tissues, especially the brain and lung of developing rats. Another important function of ketone bodies is to provide acetoacetyl-CoA and acetyl-CoA for synthesis of cholesterol, fatty acids, and complex lipids. During the early postnatal period, acetoacetate and beta-hydroxybutyrate are preferred over glucose as substrates for synthesis of phospholipids and sphingolipids in accord with requirements for brain growth and myelination. Thus, during the first 2 wk of postnatal development, when the accumulation of cholesterol and phospholipids accelerates, the proportion of ketone bodies incorporated into these lipids increases. On the other hand, an increased proportion of ketone bodies is utilized for cerebroside synthesis during the period of active myelination. In the lung, AcAc serves better than glucose as a precursor for the synthesis of lung phospholipids. The synthesized lipids, particularly dipalmityl phosphatidylcholine, are incorporated into surfactant, and thus have a potential role in supplying adequate surfactant lipids to maintain lung function during the early days of life.
- 441 a.k.a. Aortic aneurysm and dissection is an icd-9-cm classification.
- 441 a.k.a. Motor Vehicle and Parts Dealers is an industry.
- 441 a.k.a. Rocky Jones, Space Ranger - Season 1 is a tv season.
- 441 a.k.a. asparagine synthetase-like 1 is a gene.
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of 441 to learn how to say it correctly!