499 a.k.a. Montenegro is a country in Southeastern Europe. It has a coast on the Adriatic Sea to the south-west and is bordered by Croatia to the west, Bosnia and Herzegovina to the northwest, Serbia to the northeast, and Albania to the south-east. Its capital and largest city is Podgorica, while Cetinje is designated as the Prijestonica, meaning the former Royal Capital City.
- also known as Montenegr, Crna Gora
- founded in (532 years ago)
- part of Europe, Balkans, Eurasia, Federal Republic of Yugoslavia, Jugoslavija, Serbia and Montenegro, Union of Serbia and Montenegro, Yugoslavia
- instance of: geographic area / geographic region / geographical area / geographical region = a demarcated area of the Earth
- read more about Montenegro (country)
Who is 499?
499 a.k.a. Roland Barthes: Roland Gérard Barthes was a French literary theorist, philosopher, linguist, critic, and semiotician. Barthes' ideas explored a diverse range of fields and he influenced the development of schools of theory including structuralism, semiotics, social theory, designtheory, anthropology and post-structuralism.
- also known as Roland Gérard Barthes
- born on (100 years ago) in Cherbourg-Octeville
- nationality: France
- profession: Writer, philosopher
- died on (35 years ago) in Paris of traffic collision
- read more about Roland Barthes (philosopher)
- 499 a.k.a. Apple is a publisher.
- also known as Apple Books, Apple Academic Press, Scholastic/Apple
- 499 a.k.a. Pyroglutamic acid is an uncommon amino acid derivative in which the free amino group of glutamic acid or glutamine cyclizes to form a lactam. It is a metabolite in the glutathione cycle that is converted to glutamate by 5-oxoprolinase. Pyroglutamate is found in many proteins including bacteriorhodopsin. N-terminal glutamic acid and glutamine residues can spontaneously cyclize to become pyroglutamate. This is one of several forms of blocked N-terminals which present a problem for N-terminal sequencing using Edman chemistry, which requires a free primary amino group not present in pyroglutamic acid. The enzyme pyroglutamate aminopeptidase can restore a free N-terminus by cleaving off the pyroglutamate residue.
- also known as Glutiminate, Glutimate, Glutiminic acid, Glutimic acid, Pidolic acid, Oxopyrrolidinecarboxylic acid, Pidolate, Oxopyrrolidinecarboxylate, PCA, Pidolidone, Oxoproline, Pyrrolidinonecarboxylate, Pyrrolidonecarboxylic acid, Pyrrolidinonecarboxylic acid, Pyrrolidonecarboxylate, Pyroglutamate
- 499 a.k.a. Jack of Hearts is a TV program, begun in (16 years ago).
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of 499 to learn how to say it correctly!