|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun 49er
What does 49er mean as a name of something?
- A class of two-handed double-trapeze dinghy (from its maximum length of 16 feet, approx. 4900 millimetres).
- [American football] A player for the San Francisco 49ers, an NFL team.
- A student or player on a sports team at California State University, Long Beach (more commonly known as "Long Beach State").
- A student or player on a sports team at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte (more commonly known as "Charlotte" in a sports context).
- The 49er is a two-handed skiff-type high-performance sailing dinghy. The two crew work on different roles with the helm making many tactical decisions, as well as steering, and the crew doing most of the sail control. Both of the crew are equipped with their own trapeze and sailing is handled while "flying".
- 49er is a mascot.
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of 49er to learn how to say it correctly!