On this page:
"5 Fingers", known also as Five Fingers, is a 1952 American spy film directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz and produced by Otto Lang. The screenplay by Michael Wilson was based on the book Operation Cicero by L.C. Moyzisch. In the film, James Mason plays Ulysses Diello, the character based on Bazna. The rest of the cast includes Danielle Darrieux, Michael Rennie, Herbert Berghof and Walter Hampden.
- also known as Five Fingers
- country: United States of America
- languages: Portuguese Language, English Language, German Language, Turkish Language
- producer: Otto Lang
- art direction by Lyle R. Wheeler & George Davis
- written by Michael Wilson & Joseph L. Mankiewicz
- based on "Operation Cicero" by L.C. Moyzisch
- cinematography by Norbert Brodine
- edited by Champ Clark & James B. Clark
- music by Bernard Herrmann
- set decoration by Walter M. Scott & Thomas Little
- genres: Spy film, Thriller, Black-and-white, Drama
- released on (63 years ago)
- some of the awards:
- Academy Award for Best Director nomination for Joseph L. Mankiewicz
- DGA Award for Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Feature Film nomination for Joseph L. Mankiewicz
- Golden Globe Award for Best Screenplay - Motion Picture nomination for Michael Wilson
- Academy Award for Best Writing Adapted Screenplay nomination for Michael Wilson
- Golden Globe Award for Best Screenplay - Motion Picture, received by Michael Wilson
5 Fingers is a free viewing platform in the Dachstein Mountains of Upper Austria, on Mount Krippenstein. It was named "5 Fingers" by virtue of its hand-like shape.
- also known as 5Fingers
- part of Upper Austria
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for 5 Fingers
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Ayurveda Encyclopedia (2007)
Natural Secrets to Healing, Prevention, and Longevity by Swami Sadashiva Tirtha
leg mobility, controls 2nd chakra Nitamba 5 fingers above & lateral Kukundara, over hip bone (on back), 2 points, 1/2 a ́guli Váyu & Pitta digestion, vitality, RBC Pár¤hva Sandhi from Nitamba, measure from the index finger tip to the mid joint, ...
by Poinsot, Maffeo
5 fingers of the hand, 5 bones in the metacarpus, 5 in the metatarsus, 5 making the cranial casing. There are 5 parts of the world. There are also 5 divisions in accountancy (goods, cash, ...
by Paras Nath
Having 5 fingers, toes, or digits. Penultimate: Next to the last. Perennial pest: A pest with a general equilibrium position below but close to the economic-injury level; highest pest population ...
Encyclopaedia Perthensis; Or Universal Dictionary of the Arts, Sciences, Literature, &c. Intended to Supersede the Use of Other Books of Reference (1816)
The hands had 5 fingers, the two the other is entirely at reft ; nay, sometimes one last of which had no nails, and were of a conical eye will seem to look directly forward and the figure, like the 4th toe on the hind paws. The other backward, and ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for 5 Fingers
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about 5 Fingers
Click on an item to view that photo:
Quotes about 5 Fingers
Language is a skin: I rub my language against the other. It is as if I had words instead of fingers, or fingers at the tip of my words. My language trembles with desire. (Roland Barthes)
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of 5 Fingers to see it in context!