509 a.k.a. Tyrosine or 4-hydroxyphenylalanine, is one of the 22 amino acids that are used by cells to synthesize proteins. Its codons are UAC and UAU. It is a non-essential amino acid with a polar side group. The word "tyrosine" is from the Greek tyros, meaning cheese, as it was first discovered in 1846 by German chemist Justus von Liebig in the protein casein from cheese. It is called tyrosyl when referred to as a functional group or side chain.
- also known as TYR_G, L-Tyrosine, Benzenepropanoate, Benzenepropanoic acid, Tyr
509 a.k.a. Four Square Books is a publisher.
Who is 509?
509 a.k.a. Bernard Baruch: Bernard Mannes Baruch was an American financier, stock investor, philanthropist, statesman, and political consultant. After his success in business, he devoted his time toward advising U.S. Presidents Woodrow Wilson and Franklin D. Roosevelt on economic matters and became a philanthropist.
- also known as Барух, Бернард
- born on (145 years ago) in Camden
- ethnicity: Jewish people
- nationality: United States of America
- religion: Sephardic law and customs
- education: City College of New York
- profession: Politician, businessperson, financier, investor
- parent of Belle W. Baruch
- died on (50 years ago) in New York City
- buried in Flushing Cemetery
- written works: "The international control of atomic energy", "Baruch", "A philosophy for our time"
- 509 a.k.a. Hootenanny is an American musical variety television show broadcast on ABC from April 1963 to September 1964. The program was hosted by Jack Linkletter. It primarily featured pop-oriented folk music acts, including The Journeymen, The Limeliters, the Chad Mitchell Trio, The New Christy Minstrels, The Brothers Four, Ian & Sylvia, The Big 3, Hoyt Axton, Judy Collins, Johnny Cash, The Carter Family, Flatt & Scruggs and the Foggy Mountain Boys, The Tarriers, Bud & Travis, and the Smothers Brothers. Although both popular and influential, the program is primarily remembered today for the controversy created when the producers blacklisted certain folk music acts, which then led to a boycott by others.
- 509 a.k.a. Joust is the name of a steel roller coaster located at Dutch Wonderland near Lancaster, Pennsylvania. It is a "Big Dipper" style roller coaster, manufactured by Chance Rides. It sits where the Flying Carousel once stood, in front of the Kingdom Coaster.
- 509 a.k.a. ATP synthase, H+ transporting, mitochondrial F1 complex, gamma polypeptide 1 is a gene.
- also known as mitochondrial ATP synthase, gamma subunit 1; ATP synthase gamma chain, mitochondrial; ATP synthase, H+ transporting, mitochondrial F1 complex, gamma subunit
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of 509 to learn how to say it correctly!