55 Days at Peking
On this page:
"55 Days at Peking" is a 1963 historical epic film starring Charlton Heston, Ava Gardner, and David Niven, made by Samuel Bronston Productions, and released by Allied Artists. The movie was produced by Samuel Bronston and directed by Nicholas Ray, Andrew Marton, and Guy Green. The screenplay was written by Philip Yordan, Bernard Gordon, Ben Barzman, and Robert Hamer, the music score was written by Dimitri Tiomkin, and the cinematographer was Jack Hildyard.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- directors: Nicholas Ray & Guy Green
- producer: Samuel Bronston
- production design by John Moore & Veniero Colasanti
- written by Philip Yordan, Robert Hamer, Bernard Gordon
- cinematography by Jack Hildyard
- edited by Robert Lawrence
- music by Dimitri Tiomkin
- costume design by John Moore & Veniero Colasanti
- set decoration by John Moore & Veniero Colasanti
- genres: War film, Political drama, Historical period drama, Action Film, Adventure Film, Epic film, Historical Epic, Costume Adventure, Historical fiction, Drama
- subject: Boxer Rebellion
- released on (51 years ago)
- award: - Academy Award for Best Original Music Score nomination for Dimitri Tiomkin
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for 55 Days at Peking
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Images of China in American Film by Naomi Greene
While 55 Days at Peking is a triumphalist and rousing adventure tale dominated by conquering heroes, The Sand Pebbles is an introspective and tragic saga of people overpowered by the tidal wave of history. Here, in a landscape darkened ...
Filmography of World History (2007)
by Deanne Schultz
Often played on television and ubiquitous in the "classics" section of home video stores, 55 Days at Peking is a major reference point for popular knowledge of the 1900 Boxer Rebellion. The siege of the foreign legations of Peking by members ...
by Joan M. Marter
55 Days at Peking (1963) and The Sand Pebbles (1966). Many of these ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for 55 Days at Peking
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: