6650 a.k.a. Worzel Gummidge is a children's television series, produced by Southern Television for ITV, based on the books by Barbara Euphan Todd. Starting in 1979, the programme starred Jon Pertwee in the title role and ran for four series in the UK until 1981. It was number 50 in the 50 Greatest Kids TV Shows which aired on Channel 5 on November 8th 2013. Channel 4 reprised the show in 1987 as Worzel Gummidge Down Under, which was set in New Zealand.
- begun on and completed on (33 years ago)
- countries: New Zealand, United Kingdom
- created by Keith Waterhouse, Willis Hall, Barbara Euphan Todd
- regular cast:
- genre: Children's television series
- some of the awards:
- British Academy Television Rediffusion Star Awards: Flame Of Knowledge nomination for James Hill
- British Academy Television Rediffusion Star Awards: Harlequin - Drama/Light Entertainment nomination for James Hill
- British Academy Television Craft Award for Best Costume Design nomination for Michael Baldwin
- British Academy Television Craft Award for Film Cameraman nomination for Wolfgang Suschitzky
- British Academy Television Craft Award for Best Make up and Hair Design nomination for Marion Durnford
"6650" a.k.a. "Dryland's End": Dryland's End is a book written by Felice Picano.
- genre: Speculative fiction
- copyright: 1995
- released in (20 years ago)
- award: - Lambda Literary Award for Science Fiction/Fantasy nomination for Felice Picano
Who is 6650?
6650 a.k.a. Josh Billings was the pen name of 19th-century American humorist Henry Wheeler Shaw. Although his reputation has not endured so well with later generations, in the latter half of the 19th century he was a famous humor writer and lecturer in the United States, perhaps second only to Mark Twain.
- also known as Henry Wheeler Shaw
- born on (196 years ago) in Lanesborough, child of Henry Shaw
- nationality: United States of America
- education: Hamilton College
- profession: Humorist, writer
- Marriage with Zipha E. Shaw between and (40 years)
- died on (129 years ago) in Monterey
- written works: "The Complete Works Of Josh Billings, Henry W. Shaw", "Josh Billings, Hiz Sayings"
- 6650 a.k.a. Chiton: Chitons are small to large marine molluscs in the class Polyplacophora, which formerly was known as Amphineura. About 940 extant and 430 fossil species are recognized.
- also known as Polyplacophora
- 6650 a.k.a. small optic lobes homolog (Drosophila) is a gene.
- also known as small optic lobes