On this page:
- "7 Years": A devoted young woman becomes ensnared in a web of sexuality and betrayal in Jean-Pascal Hattu’s consistently unpredictable and finely wrought character study. A vividly realistic psychosexual drama, the film’s sharp emotional honesty heralds a distinct new voice from a promising young director. 7 Years opens with Maite ironing clothes, but for whom, and why with such tension? Hattu soon reveals that Maite’s husband Vincent is in prison for an unspecified crime, and that she has promised to wait for him and attend to his laundry during his incarceration. On one of her weekly visits, Maite meets Jean, an oddly inquisitive and boldly flirtatious prison warden, and soon the two commence a joyless affair. Seemingly smitten with Maite, Jean, in a gesture of kindness to his lover, eases up on her husband behind bars; the two become pals and even engage in some homoerotic shower talk. The men’s particularly unusual Stockholm Syndrome relationship is further complicated when Maite begins to question Jean’s motives: Is he really in love with her, or is Vincent playing some sort of behind-bars game by goading his warden to make the moves on his gullible wife? The heart truly is deceitful above all things in this bizarre love triangle, brilliantly enacted by the leads as they tiptoe around, and pounce upon, one another’s desires. A subplot involving Maite’s maternal relationship with her neighbor’s wise-beyond-his-years young son lends genuine pathos and gentle humor to the otherwise hot-and-heavy proceedings. With striking naturalism, Hattu offers a compelling meditation on love, loyalty and the lengths people go to maintain at least the illusion of freedom.
- also known as Valerie Donzelli, 7 ans
- countries: France, Netherlands
- languages: English Language, French
- producer: Justin Taurand
- production design by Sophie Chandoutis
- written by Gilles Taurand, Guillaume Daporta, Jean-Pascal Hattu
- Valérie Donzelli as Maïté
- Cyril Troley as Jean
- Bruno Todeschini as Vincent
- Nadia Kaci as Djamila
- Pablo de la Torre as Julien
- Fabrice Mansouri as Gardien 1
- Martine Verdeau as Patronne salon de beauté
- David Besnard as Détenu 1
- Mouloud Attab as Détenu 2
- Fabrice Roumier as Gardien 2
- Karim Elganfoud as Nabil
- Olivier Claverie as Gendarme 1
- Stéphane Pilet as Gendarme 2
- Arnaud Toussaint as Surveillant 1
- Jean-Paul Chevalier as Surveillant 2
- Guillaume Tavi as Le cantinier
- Fabrice Cazeau as Le chanteur du bal
- casting by Sarah Teper & Leila Fournier
- cinematography by Pascal Poucet
- edited by Anne Klotz
- music by Franck Delabre
- costume design by Anne Lavedan
- genres: LGBT, Drama
- released in (9 years ago)
- "7 Years": This film explores how homosexuals in Kenya manage to live within a hostile environment where practicing homosexuality is punishable by 7 years imprisonment.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for 7 Years
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Anthony Charles Cooke
The camel will not render profitable service in the field younger than 4 years ; from 5 to 7 years is a good age ; it may be worked till 20 or 22 years. Castration, though it renders the animal more docile and less unpleasant, yet deprives it of ...
The MMA Encyclopedia (2010)
by Jonathan Snowden, Kendall Shields
fights/year Gary Goodridge: 7 years = 2.7 ...
A Dictionary of Dentistry (2010)
by Robert Ireland
complete by 6– 7 years of age. The tooth erupts at about 11–12 years and the calcification of the root is complete at about 13–15 years. canines, primary ( deciduous) n. The teeth, two in each jaw, located between the lateral incisors and first ...
A Book of Reference Containing Definitions and Explanations of More Than 3000 Terms Used by Retailers in Dry Goods and Department Stores Intended for Ready Reference and Constant Use at Counter and Desk by J. H. Bolton, Carl C. Irwin
10 to 11% 7 years.
by Amy Wenzel
In addition, the WPPSI-R extended the age range at both the younger and the older ends, from 3 years to 7 years, 3 months. A number of items were dropped or revised for the retained subtests, and a number of new items were necessary to ...
Negotiable notes 6 years, non- negotiable 7 years. (/) Ceases to be a lien after that period, (/t) On foreign judgments ...
by Holman Bible Staff
and one week (7 years). The 49 years are associated with rebuilding Jerusalem in “troublous times” (v. 25). The 434 years relate to the intervening ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for 7 Years
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about 7 Years
Click on an item to view that photo:
Video language resources about 7 Years
Click on an item to play that video:
- 7 years shows the true meaning of friendship
A 7 year old makes a difference for his best friend.
- "Universal Language" Poppin John and Ariah A.K.A Babywockee | 7 years old
For booking contact [email protected]..
- Sofia Language Center - Nayden 7 years
- Language sample 7 years 9 months
Chat with crocodile about adventures, inventions, games, pretend play calls, etc at bath time.
See also the pronunciation examples of 7 Years!
Quotes about 7 Years
Some say that now that 50 years have passed, we would like another 50 more years to celebrate once again; that means it will be 100 years. After one hundred years, I will be 118 years old. (Bhumibol Adulyadej)
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of 7 Years to see it in context!