71953 is a Postal Code in Polk County.
- 71953 a.k.a. Inocybe is a large, complex genus of mushrooms. Members of Inocybe are mycorrhizal, and some evidence shows that the high degree of speciation in the genus is due to adaptation to different trees and perhaps even local environments.
- 71953 a.k.a. History Bites was a television series on the History Television network that ran from 1998 to 2003. Created by Rick Green, History Bites explored what would be on television if the medium had been around for the last 5,000 years of human history. Typically, a significant historical event was chosen and mock news, sports and entertainment programming was created around it. Each episode included several segments of Green offering historical background of the episode's chosen era and otherwise showed frequent shifts from one comedy sketch to another representing a channel-surfing viewer who never watched any one sketch for more than a few minutes at a time.
- begun in and completed in (12 years ago)
- 102 episodes of 30 minutes each
- country: Canada
- created by Rick Green & Duncan McKenzie
- regular cast:
- genres: Sketch comedy, Docudrama, Documentary film
- some of the awards:
- Gemini Award for Best Music, Variety Program or Series nomination for Rick Green
- Gemini Award for Best Comedy Program or Series nomination for Rick Green & David C. Smith
- Gemini Award for Best Ensemble Performance in a Comedy Program or Series (Elizabeth & Mary 'Queen Takes Queen, Checkmate') nomination for Rick Green, Ron Pardo, Janet van de Graaf, Bob Bainborough, Teresa Pavlinek
- official website: www.historybites.com