On this page:
- 72nd Street is one of the major bi-directional crosstown streets in the New York City borough of Manhattan. Where the west end of 72nd Street curves into the south end of Riverside Drive, the memorial to Eleanor Roosevelt stands in Riverside Park. At this end of the street is the landmarked Beaux-Arts Chatsworth Apartments.
- 72nd Street is an express station on the IRT Broadway – Seventh Avenue Line of the New York City Subway, located at the intersection of Broadway, 72nd Street and Amsterdam Avenue on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. It is served by the 1, 2 and 3 trains at all times.
- also known as 第72大街站, 72街車站
- 72nd Street is a local station on the IND Eighth Avenue Line of the New York City Subway. Located at 72nd Street and Central Park West on the Upper West Side, it is served by the C train at all times except nights, when the A train takes over service. The B train provides additional service here on weekdays except nights.
- part of 10023
- 72nd Street is an under construction station on the first phase of the Second Avenue Subway, part of the New York City Subway. This is the southernmost Second Avenue Line station before the BMT 63rd Street Line diverges from the line toward the Lexington Avenue – 63rd Street station. The station is expected to open on December 30, 2016.
- 72nd Street was a station on the demolished IRT Ninth Avenue Line. It had two levels. The lower level was built first and had two tracks and two side platforms and served local trains. The upper level was built as part of the Dual Contracts and had one track that served express trains that bypassed this station. It closed on June 11, 1940. The next southbound stop was 66th Street. The next northbound stop was 81st Street.
- also known as 72 Street
- 72nd Street was a station on the demolished IRT Second Avenue Line. It had three tracks and two side platforms. The next stop to the north was 80th Street. The next stop to the south was 65th Street. The station closed on June 11, 1940.
- also known as 72 Street
"72nd Street" is a composition.
- music by Rita Chiarelli
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for 72nd Street
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Spencer Heating Company
West 72nd Street is a 25 foot front by 95 built, five story building, with two elevator shafts, front and rear stairway, remodeled into stores and apartments. No .
Second Edition by Kenneth T. Jackson, Lisa Keller, Nancy Flood
an elevated structure along West Street and 12th Avenue that originally extended from Rector Street to 72nd Street. In its early years the highway was noted for its artwork, ...
by Joanna Banham
Penthouse apartment, The Dakota, 1 West 72nd Street, New York ( remodelling of interiors, decoration and interior design): Ward Bennett 1960s Apartment, Paris (interiors): Ward Bennett Bennett created more than 100 designs for ...
by R. Stephen Sennott
Park Avenue and East 72nd Street, New York, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for 72nd Street
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about 72nd Street
Click on an item to view that photo:
- E 72nd Street
Crossing the street at 84th and 3rd in the Upper East Side
Photo credit: CarlosPacheco
- West 72nd Street
Naam Yoga, New York
Photo credit: Maria Eklind
- Second Avenue Subway - 72nd Street Station
Work continues to progress on the cavern that will house the Second Avenue Subway's 72nd Street Station.
Photo: MTA Capital Construction / Rehema Trimiew.
Photo credit: MTAPhotos
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of 72nd Street to see it in context!