- 789 a.k.a. Avalanche is a steel bobsled roller coaster at Pleasure Beach Blackpool in Blackpool, England. It was built by Mack of Germany in 1988.
- 789 a.k.a. Pheasant Lane Mall, occupying 1,000,000 square feet, is one of the largest shopping malls in the state of New Hampshire and the focal point of the commercial area in south Nashua.
- official website: www.simon.com/mall/?id=789
Who is 789?
789 a.k.a. Allan Bloom: Allan David Bloom was an American philosopher, classicist, and academician. He studied under David Grene, Leo Strauss, Richard McKeon and Alexandre Kojève. He subsequently taught at Cornell University, the University of Toronto, Yale University, École Normale Supérieure of Paris, and the University of Chicago. Bloom championed the idea of Great Books education and became famous for his criticism of contemporary American higher education, with his views being expressed in his bestselling 1987 book, The Closing of the American Mind. Characterized as a conservative in the popular media, Bloom explicitly stated that this was a misunderstanding and made it clear that he was not to be affiliated with any conservative movements. Saul Bellow wrote Ravelstein, a roman à clef based on Bloom, his friend and colleague at the University of Chicago.
- also known as Allan David Bloom
- born on (84 years ago) in Indianapolis
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Writer, philosopher, professor
- died on (23 years ago) in Chicago of liver failure
- read more about Allan Bloom (philosopher)
789 a.k.a. Corgi Books is a publisher.
"789" a.k.a. "Assignment in Nowhere" is a book by Keith Laumer.
- genre: Speculative fiction
- copyright: 1968
789 a.k.a. Elvira's Movie Macabre is a tv program.
- begun in (34 years ago)
- country: United States of America
- regular cast:
- genres: Comedy, Horror
789 a.k.a. solute carrier family 25 (carnitine/acylcarnitine translocase), member 20 pseudogene is a gene.
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of 789 to learn how to say it correctly!