"8088" a.k.a. "Ibis" is an award-nominated book by Linda Steele.
- genre: Speculative fiction
- copyright: 1985
- award: - Locus Award for Best First Novel nomination for Linda Steele
8088 a.k.a. Fame is a television series that ran on NBC in the summer of 2003. The show was essentially NBC's attempt to duplicate the success of mega-hit American Idol, right down to their selection of judges. Former pop star Carnie Wilson was similar in her judgements to American Idol's Paula Abdul, Johnny Wright, the veteran music producer, was the show's analogue of Randy Jackson, and JoJo Wright was, like Simon Cowell, the judge who says things to stir people up. The show retained the original Fame theme music, as well as producer Debbie Allen. Former boy band member Joey Fatone was the official host of the show, but Allen also made frequent appearances.
- begun on (11 years ago)
- country: United States of America
- regular cast:
- genres: Reality television, Game show
- award: - Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Reality/Variety Host nomination for Joey Fatone