826 a.k.a. The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, commonly known as the United Kingdom or Britain, is a sovereign state in Europe. Lying off the north-western coast of the European mainland, the country includes the island of Great Britain, the north-eastern part of the island of Ireland, and many smaller islands. Northern Ireland is the only part of the UK that shares a land border with another state: the Republic of Ireland. Apart from this land border, the UK is surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean, with the North Sea in the east and the English Channel in the south. The Irish Sea lies between Great Britain and Ireland. The UK has an area of 243,610 square kilometres, making it the 78th-largest sovereign state in the world and the 11th-largest in Europe.
- also known as UK, Great Britain, Britain, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, U.K., United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, United Kingdom of Great Britain, GB, GBR
- founded on (308 years ago)
- part of Eurasia, United Kingdom, with Dependencies and Territories, Western Europe, Europe, British Isles
- more specific word: Blighty = a slang term for Great Britain used by British troops serving abroad
- instance of: kingdom = a country with a king as head of state
- England = a division of the United Kingdom
- Northern Ireland = a division of the United Kingdom located on the northern part of the island of Ireland
- Scotland = one of the four countries that make up the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland; located on the northern part of the island of Great Britain
- Cambria / Cymru / Wales = one of the four countries that make up the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- member of: Common Market / EC / EEC / EU / Europe / European Community / European Economic Community / European Union = an international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members; NATO / North Atlantic Treaty Organization = an international organization created in 1949 by the North Atlantic Treaty for purposes of collective security
- read more about United Kingdom (country)
826 a.k.a. Bluestocking Books is a publisher.
"826" a.k.a. "The Witches of Karres" is a novel by James H. Schmitz. It is his best known book, and is considered a science fiction classic. It falls within the genre of space opera and features well-developed characters, a mix of both fantasy and hard science fiction as well as a sense of humor.
- also known as "Witches of Karres"; "The Witches of Karres (Ace SF Specials, 89851)"; "The Witches of Karres (SF Collector's Edition) (Gollancz)"
- language: English Language
- genres: Science Fiction, Fiction, Speculative fiction
- subject: Adventure
- copyright: 1966
- released in (49 years ago)
- award: - Hugo Award for Best Novel nomination for James H. Schmitz
- 826 a.k.a. Scratch + Burn is a TV program, begun in (13 years ago).
- country: United States of America
- 826 a.k.a. calpain, small subunit 1 is a gene.
- also known as calpain 4, small subunit (30K); calcium-dependent protease, small subunit; calpain, small polypeptide; calcium-activated neutral proteinase
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of 826 to learn how to say it correctly!