"8530" a.k.a. "Prelude to Space" is a science fiction novel written by Arthur C. Clarke in 1947. However, it was not until 1951 that the story first appeared in magazine format from World Editions Inc as number three in the series Galaxy Science Fiction. Sidgwick & Jackson published it in novel form for the British readership in 1953, followed the next year by a United States hardcover edition from Gnome Press and a paperback from Ballantine Books.
- also known as "Master of Space", "The Space Dreamers", "Prelude to Mars; an omnibus containing the complete novels Prelude to space and The sands of Mars and sixteen short stories"; "Prelude to space: a compellingly realistic novel of interplanetary flight"; Master of Space; The Space Dreamers
- language: English Language
- genres: Science Fiction, Speculative fiction
- copyright: 1951
- released in (64 years ago)
- 8530 a.k.a. Teiidae is a family of lizards native to the Americas. Members of this family are generally known as whiptails, though the tegus also belong to this family. The group includes the parthenogenic genera Cnemidophorus and Aspidoscelis, and the non-parthenogenic Tupinambis. It has over 230 member species in ten genera. About 75% of the species are in two dominant genera, Aspidoscelis and Cnemidophorus.
- 8530 a.k.a. Pros vs. Joes is an American physical reality game show that airs on Spike TV. The show features male amateur contestants matching themselves against professional athletes in a series of athletic feats related to the expertise sport of the Pro they are facing. For its first three seasons, the show was hosted by Petros Papadakis. Since Season Four, it has been co-hosted by Michael Strahan and Jay Glazer. The first two seasons were filmed at Carson, California's Home Depot Center, which was referenced in aerial shots.
- begun on and completed on (5 years ago)
- 46 episodes of 60 minutes each, in 5 seasons
- country: United States of America
- regular cast:
- genres: Reality television, Game show, Sports
- some of the awards:
- Directors Guild of America Award for Outstanding Directing - Reality Programs (For episode #101) nomination for Tim Warren
- Directors Guild of America Award for Outstanding Directing - Reality Programs (For episode #201) nomination for Scott Messick
- Directors Guild of America Award for Outstanding Directing - Reality Programs (For episode 3.01) nomination for Scott Messick
- official website: www.spike.com/shows/pros-vs-joes
- 8530 a.k.a. cystatin F (leukocystatin) is a gene.
- also known as cystatin-like metastasis-associated protein, cystatin 7, cystatin F, leukocystatin, dJ568C11.1 (cystatin F (leukocystatin))
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of 8530 to learn how to say it correctly!