On this page:
Definition of the noun 880 yards
What does 880 yards mean as a name of something?
- a unit of length equal to half of 1 mile
- lexical domain: Quantities - nouns denoting quantities and units of measure
- synonym of 880 yards: half mile
- more generic terms: linear measure / linear unit = a unit of measurement of length
- part of: international mile / land mile / mi / mile / stat mi / statute mile = a unit of length equal to 1,760 yards or 5,280 feet
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for 880 Yards
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Encyclopaedia Britannica (1911)
A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and General Information by Hugh Chisholm
Those in the competitions between Oxford and Cambridge are the we yards, 440 yards, 880 yards, t~mile and 3-mile runs; r20 yards hurdle-race; high and long jumps; throwing the hammer; and putting the weight (shot). To the above list the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for 880 Yards
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of 880 Yards to find many related words and phrases!