On this page:
Definition of the noun 880 yards
What does 880 yards mean as a name of something?
- a unit of length equal to half of 1 mile
- lexical domain: Quantities - nouns denoting quantities and units of measure
- synonym of 880 yards: half mile
- more generic terms: linear measure / linear unit = a unit of measurement of length
- part of: international mile / land mile / mi / mile / stat mi / statute mile = a unit of length equal to 1,760 yards or 5,280 feet
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for 880 Yards
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Worldview, Symbolism, and Culture in Africa, Oceania, and North America by Hope B. Werness
The last two were more aggressive than other CAHOKIA Left: Plan of the site and its "Woodhenge" located 880 yards due west of Monks Mound. Warren Wittry reconstructed parts of the Woodhenge, using telephone poles, and demonstrated ...
The Encyclopaedia Britannica (1911)
A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and General Information by Hugh Chisholm
Those in the competitions between Oxford and Cambridge are the we yards, 440 yards, 880 yards, t~mile and 3-mile runs; r20 yards hurdle-race; high and long jumps; throwing the hammer; and putting the weight (shot). To the above list the ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for 880 Yards
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of 880 Yards to find many related words and phrases!