897 a.k.a. Bantam Books is an American publishing house owned entirely by parent company Random House, the German media corporation subsidiary of Bertelsmann; it is an imprint of the Random House Publishing Group. It was formed in 1945 by Walter B. Pitkin, Jr., Sidney B. Kramer, and Ian and Betty Ballantine. It has since been purchased several times by companies including National General, Carl Lindner's American Financial and, most recently, Bertelsmann; it became part of Random House in 1998, when Bertelsmann purchased it and merged it with Bantam Doubleday Dell. It began as a mass market publisher, mostly of reprints of hardcover books, with some original paperbacks as well. It expanded into both trade paperback and hardcover books, including original works, often reprinted in house as mass-market editions.
- also known as Bantam Books Ltd, Bantam Books Inc, Bantam Dell
- some of the nominations and awards:
- nominated to Edgar's Book Jacket Award (softcover)
- Edgar's Book Jacket Award (softcover)
- nominated to Edgar's Book Jacket Award - "Knock and Wait a While" (softcover)
- Edgar's Book Jacket Award - "Knock and Wait a While" (softcover)
- nominated to Edgar's Book Jacket Award
"897" a.k.a. "War for the Oaks" is a fantasy novel by Emma Bull. The book tells the story of Eddi McCandry, a rock musician who finds herself unwillingly pulled into the supernatural faerie conflict between good and evil. War for the Oaks is a pioneering work in the subgenre of urban fantasy: although it involves supernatural characters, the setting is decidedly real-world.
- language: English Language
- genres: Fantasy, Children's literature, Fiction, Speculative fiction
- copyright: 1987
- released in (28 years ago)
897 a.k.a. Almost Live! was a local sketch comedy television show in Seattle, Washington, USA, produced and broadcast by NBC affiliate KING-TV from 1984 to 1999. A re-packaged version of the show also aired on Comedy Central from 1992 to 1993, and episodes aired on WGRZ-TV in the late 1990s. The show was broadcast on Saturday nights at 11:30, pushing Saturday Night Live back to midnight.
- begun on and completed on (15 years ago)
- country: United States of America
- regular cast:
- genres: Variety show, Talk show, Comedy, Sketch comedy
897 a.k.a. The Crossings Premium Outlets is a Shopping center.
- 897 a.k.a. Python is a double-loop Corkscrew roller coaster in the Efteling amusement park in the Netherlands. When it started operation, it was the largest steel roller coaster on the European mainland. It is the first Vekoma roller coaster in the world.
- 897 a.k.a. The Today Show - Season 32 is a tv season.
- 897 a.k.a. N-Acetyl-b-glucosaminylamine is a chemical compound.
- also known as N-acetyl-beta-glucosaminylamine
- 897 a.k.a. cyclin D3 pseudogene is a gene.
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of 897 to learn how to say it correctly!