|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun 9/11
What does 9/11 mean as a name of something?
- the day in 2001 when Arab suicide bombers hijacked United States airliners and used them as bombs
- domain: act of terrorism / terrorism / terrorist act
- lexical domain: Time - nouns denoting time and temporal relations
- alternative spelling: 9-11
- synonyms of 9/11: Sep 11 / Sept. 11 / September 11
- instance of: terrorist attack = a surprise attack involving the deliberate use of violence against civilians in the hope of attaining political or religious aims
- part of: Sep / Sept / September = the month following August and preceding October
Alternative definition of the noun 9/11
- An event comparable to 9/11.
- The date of the attack on the Twin Towers and the Pentagon in the USA, 11th September, 2001.
- The attack itself.
"9/11" is a 2002 French-American documentary film about the September 11 attacks in New York City, in which two planes crashed into the buildings of the World Trade Center. The film is from the point of view of the New York City Fire Department. The film was directed by Jules and Gedeon Naudet, and FDNY firefighter James Hanlon.
- also known as ۹/۱۱
- countries: United States of America, France
- language: English Language
- created by Rob Klug, James Hanlon, Jules Naudet & Gedeon Naudet
- directors: James Hanlon, Gedeon Naudet, Jules Naudet
- producers: Richard Barber, Paul Larossa, Mike Maloy, Bruce Spiegel, Mead Stone
- executive producers: Graydon Carter, David Friend, Susan Zirinsky, Gedeon Naudet, Jules Naudet & James Hanlon
- written by Tom Forman & Greg Kandra
- genres: Documentary film, Culture & Society, Biographical film
- subjects: Terrorism, Social issues
- released on (13 years ago)
- some of the awards:
- Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Cinematography For Nonfiction Programming (Outstanding Cinematography For Non-Fiction Programming (Single or Multi-Camera)) nomination for Gedeon Naudet, Jules Naudet, James Hanlon
- Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Achievement in Non-Fiction Programming - Sound Mixing nomination for Grant Maxwell, Danny Caccavo, Ken Hahn
- Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Achievement in Non-Fiction Programming - Picture Editing nomination for Mike Maloy, Richard Barber, Jason Schmidt, Bruce Spiegel, Mead Stone
- Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Achievement in Non-Fiction Programming - Sound Editing nomination for John Bowen, Tony Pipitone, Ray Palagy, Philippe Desloovere, Neil Cedar & John Hassler
- Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Non-Fiction Special (Outstanding Non-Fiction Special (Informational)) nomination for Rob Klug, Graydon Carter, Tom Forman, Richard Barber, David Friend, James Hanlon, Hal Gessner, Bruce Spiegel, Jules Naudet, Mike Maloy, Gedeon Naudet, Paul Larossa, Susan Zirinsky, Greg Kandra, Mead Stone
- TCA Award for Outstanding Achievement in Movies, Miniseries and Specials
- Peabody Award, received by CBS
- Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Achievement in Non-Fiction Programming - Sound Mixing, received by Danny Caccavo, Grant Maxwell, Ken Hahn
- Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Non-Fiction Special (Outstanding Non-Fiction Special (Informational)), received by Richard Barber, Graydon Carter, David Friend, Tom Forman, Hal Gessner, James Hanlon, Rob Klug, Greg Kandra, Mike Maloy, Paul Larossa, Jules Naudet, Gedeon Naudet, Bruce Spiegel, Susan Zirinsky, Mead Stone
- Satellite Award - Special Humanitarian DVD Award nomination for Jules Naudet, Gedeon Naudet, James Hanlon
- WGA Award for Best Documentary - Current Events - Television nomination for Tom Forman & Greg Kandra
- Satellite Award - Special Humanitarian DVD Award, received by Jules Naudet, Gedeon Naudet, James Hanlon
- WGA Award for Best Documentary - Current Events - Television, received by Greg Kandra & Tom Forman
- 9/11 a.k.a. 9-11 is a degree.
- 9/11 a.k.a. The Nine Eleven Dedication Film Festival is an international short film festival held annually in Pristina, Kosovo.
- read more about Nine Eleven Dedication Film Festival