9 to 5
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun 9 to 5
What does 9 to 5 mean as a name of something?
- A day job, especially at a large company, emphasizing banality.
- synonym: nine to five
- The workday itself (the period of the day between 9 am and 5 pm).
"9 to 5" is a 1980 American comedy film written by Patricia Resnick and Colin Higgins, directed by Higgins, and starring Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin, Dolly Parton, and Dabney Coleman. The film concerns three working women living out their fantasies of getting even with, and their successful overthrow of, the company's autocratic, "sexist, egotistical, lying, hypocritical bigot" boss.
- also known as Nine to Five
- country: United States of America
- languages: English Language, French
- producer: Bruce Gilbert
- written by Colin Higgins & Patricia Resnick
- cinematography by Reynaldo Villalobos
- edited by Pembroke J. Herring
- music by Charles Fox
- costume design by Ann Roth
- genres: Crime Fiction, Screwball comedy, Feminist Film, Farce, Workplace Comedy, Comedy
- subjects: Feminism, Sexual harassment
- tagline: The power behind the throne.
- rating: PG (USA)
- released on (34 years ago)
- some of the awards: