911 is a Joke
On this page:
- "911 Is a Joke" is a 1990 song by American hip hop group Public Enemy, from their third album, Fear of a Black Planet. It was released as a single and became a hit in June 1990, reaching number 15 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks chart, and number 1 on the Hot Rap Singles chart, becoming their second number-one rap chart hit after "Fight the Power". The song is about the lack of response to emergency calls in a black neighborhood, but specifically references the poor response by paramedic crews and not the police, which is a common misconception regarding the track; the "911" in the title of the song refers to 9-1-1, the emergency telephone number used in North America.
- "911 Is a Joke" is the 1990 single album by Public Enemy.
- released on (24 years ago)
- 911 is a Joke: The music video of the 911 is a Joke song by Public Enemy.
- award: - Soul Train Music Award for Best R&B/Soul or Rap Music Video nomination for Public Enemy
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for 911 is a Joke
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Norman Abjorensen
In 1990, Public Enemy released Fear of a Black Planet, containing such songs as “Burn Hollywood Burn” and “911 Is a Joke,” which ...
by Colin Larkin
The single, '911 Is A Joke', an attack on emergency service response times in ghetto areas, became the subject of a barely credible Duran.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for 911 is a Joke
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: