A'man appears in the following tongue twister:
- There once was a man who had a sister, his name was Mr. Fister. Mr. Fister's sister sold sea shells by the sea shore. Mr. Fister didn't sell sea shells, he sold silk sheets. Mr. Fister told his sister that he sold six silk sheets to six shieks. The sister of Mr. Fister said I sold six shells to six shieks too!
A'man appears in many palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Turn in a man in rut.
- A car, a man, a maraca.
- Donna made Ted, a man, nod.
On this page:
Definition of the noun a'man
What does a'man mean as a name of something?
- the Israeli military intelligence which produces comprehensive national intelligence briefings for the prime minister and the cabinet
- examples: He's already a man. | If you see a man approaching you with the obvious intention of doing you good, you should run for your life. | The second half of a man's life is made up of nothing but the habits he has acquired during the first half. | When I left the train station, I saw a man. | He is, indeed, a man of his word. | What a man you are! | You must not rely upon such a man. | You are quite a man. | Just because a man is rich it does not necessarily follow that he is happy. | He does not, in short, write with the candor of a man who is completely confident of his thesis.
- region: Israel / Sion / State of Israel / Yisrael / Zion
- lexical domain: Groups - nouns denoting groupings of people or objects
- more generic term: international intelligence agency = an intelligence agency outside the United States
Who is A'man?
A'man a.k.a. Cao Cao IPA; 155 – 15 March 220, courtesy name Mengde, was a warlord and the penultimate Chancellor of the Eastern Han dynasty who rose to great power in the final years of the dynasty. As one of the central figures of the Three Kingdoms period, he laid the foundations for what was to become the state of Cao Wei and was posthumously honoured as "Emperor Wu of Wei". Although he is often portrayed as a cruel and merciless tyrant, Cao Cao has also been praised as a brilliant ruler and military genius who treated his subordinates like his family. He was also skilled in poetry and martial arts and wrote many war journals.
- read more about Cao Cao
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A'man
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about A'man
No difference man and man
No difference poem and poem.
Poet is a stone cutter
Man is a stone eater.
Do not cut the world, my dear man
Have a poem in your hand.
Poem teach you love
Love bind you together.
Love love love love
Man man man man. (Gajanan Mishra)
more quotes about a'man...
Anagrams of A'MAN
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of A'man!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of A'man to see it in context!