A BIT appears in the following tongue twisters:
- Betty Botter bought some butter but, said she, the butter's bitter.
If I put it in my batter, it will make my batter bitter.
But a bit of better butter will make my bitter batter better.
So she bought some better butter, better than the bitter butter,
put it in her bitter batter, made her bitter batter better.
So 't was better Betty Botter bought some better butter.
- I bought a bit of baking powder and baked a batch of biscuits. I brought a big basket of biscuits back to the bakery and baked a basket of big biscuits. Then I took the big basket of biscuits and the basket of big biscuits and mixed the big biscuits with the basket of biscuits that was next to the big basket and put a bunch of biscuits from the basket into a biscuit mixer and brought the basket of biscuits and the box of mixed biscuits and the biscuit mixer to the bakery and opened a tin of sardines.
(said to be a diction test for would-be radio announcers: to be read clearly, without mistakes, in less than 20 seconds)
A BIT appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Nik’s a bit leftist, I felt, ’til little fits it felt I bask in.
- Won’t I ban no Mae West?… I was in a van; I saw it sew Eamonn a bit now.
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adverb a bit
What does a bit mean as an attribute of something other than a noun?
Phrases with A BIT
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A BIT
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by J.K. Petersen
A bit set to 1 or “true” indicates further packets will be coming, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A BIT
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about A BIT
Click on an item to view that photo:
- A bit...
Photo credit: torres21
- A bit Chewy
Seen at the British Wildlife Centre. A young squirrel tried chewing a camera strap. The owner was not too amused.
Photo credit: Peter G Trimming
- A bit Misty
Photo credit: Shelleybelly1
- A Bit Painful
But he handled it well, he never asked for a break in the action. Matt is doing the tattoo (Ancient Art, Hampton, Virginia).
Photo credit: Tobyotter
- A bit mouldy!
Unbelievably, this VC Valiant was actually running, and was later seen smoking up the drift track...
Photo credit: NZ Car Freak
- HFF (a bit early)
Photo credit: Infomastern
- "Needs a bit more sugar"
Photo credit: CJS*64
- - a bit cold -
Photo credit: ChrisK4u
- A bit beautiful.
Photo credit: grammarshy
- Morning Sky (a bit late)
Photo credit: JHTaylor
- Playing around a bit
Thought it might be cool to see a direct comparison of an IR image with the red and blue channel swapped and not swapped
Photo credit: Dirk Duckhorn
- A bit tidier today
Some one must have come round from the Council
Photo credit: 70023venus2009
- A bit tasty
Abus have always operated a variety of interesting and desirable (for the enthusiast) buses and this one is no exception -
DAF DB250 / Optare Spectra working service 57.
Photo credit: The return of the spiceymexrice!
View more pictures about A Bit of.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about A BIT
Click on an item to play that video:
- Speaking teochew... a bit different from teochew villager's dialect
Singapore Teochew Festival 2014.
- 'Thinking back a bit' a Cornish dialect poem by Brian Harris
In this poem Brain Harris reminisces about his younger years spent around the Ashton area in South-West Cornwall. This humorous poem uses a range of local ...
- A Bit Explanation..
- How to give a "Toast": A Bit Tipsy! || American English Dialect .
How to give a "Toast": A Bit Tipsy! || American English Dialect . ~...
- Just a bit more explanation about the igniter circuit and a simulator also
Showing the circuit of the Igniter and how it works.
- Explanation + a Bit o' Splegg!
- A bit Meaning
Video shows what a bit means. To a small extent, in a small amount, rather.. A bit Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say a bit.
- Orion does the dialect 'quiz' and sings a bit. :)
- A bit about names and their meaning...
- An explanation about a bit
- 0.13.0!!! Meaning no InfernoCraft for a bit
- Let's Play Megaman 4 and learn a bit about the english language
- Mayan language sounds a bit like Kalahari Bushpeople
See also the pronunciation examples of A BIT!
KIT KAT: Learn a bit of sign language
Make the most of your break time and learn something new. With KIT KATs Break Training videos, you can learn a new thing everyday. Visit youtube.com/kitkat ...
Quotes about A BIT
A bit thicker,
A bit lovable,
A bit useful,
A bit better;
But we need you and,
You will be well once again! !
However, try to take it up to yourself and,
Let me take this away!
For, i just want you to know who i am. (Edward Kofi Louis)
Anagrams of A BIT
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of A BIT!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of A BIT to see it in context!