A BIT appears in the following tongue twisters:
- Betty Botter bought some butter but, said she, the butter's bitter.
If I put it in my batter, it will make my batter bitter.
But a bit of better butter will make my bitter batter better.
So she bought some better butter, better than the bitter butter,
put it in her bitter batter, made her bitter batter better.
So 't was better Betty Botter bought some better butter.
- I bought a bit of baking powder and baked a batch of biscuits. I brought a big basket of biscuits back to the bakery and baked a basket of big biscuits. Then I took the big basket of biscuits and the basket of big biscuits and mixed the big biscuits with the basket of biscuits that was next to the big basket and put a bunch of biscuits from the basket into a biscuit mixer and brought the basket of biscuits and the box of mixed biscuits and the biscuit mixer to the bakery and opened a tin of sardines.
(said to be a diction test for would-be radio announcers: to be read clearly, without mistakes, in less than 20 seconds)
A BIT appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Nik’s a bit leftist, I felt, ’til little fits it felt I bask in.
- Won’t I ban no Mae West?… I was in a van; I saw it sew Eamonn a bit now.
On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adverb a bit
What does a bit mean as an attribute of something other than a noun?
Phrases with A BIT
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A BIT
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
udarbeidet efter de bedste og nyeste ordbøger by Christian Friderich Bay
Mundfuld, a Mouthful, a Bit, Mundharpe, a Jew's-trump. Mundheld, an Adage, Proverb, a Saying. Mundhuggen, Quarrel, Strife, Altercation, Contention. Mundhugges, to quarrel, disute, wrangle, bicker, contest, cold, to change or makeWords ...
ca. 1400-1958 by Charles Edward McGuire, Steven E. Plank
It may seem a bit nationalistic to focus on English music, but today the primary concern is what England has contributed to the world of music, which it turns out is quite a bit. Some of the truly great composers of English music figuring in this ...
by Michael T. Murray, Joseph Pizzorno
The top loin and sirloin aren't as tender, but they're a bit more flavorful and larger cuts. Cuts from the ...
Containing All the Words in the Scotch and Irish Dialects of the Celtic, that Could be Collected from the Voice, and Old Books and Mss by William Shaw
A morfel, a bit. Daochan. Anger. A stranger, foreigner.
by Ramdhun Sen
&-to-3 A bit of glass. 3-5 Threatening. al-j A crowd; a part, portion. ** A woman in childbed. Js; The planet Saturn. exej Disquietude. A=.j Twisting of the guts. jts.j. Ornaments. –5-3 Embellishment. sj A wound, sore. X.3.5 The bow of a fiddle &c.
For the Use of Schools, Foreigners Learning English, &c. in which it Has Been Attempted to Improve on the Plan of Mr. Sheridan by Stephen Jones
Whet, to sharpen Which, this or that Witch, a cunning woman While, as long as Wile, a trick Whine, to moan Wine, a kind of liquor Whist, a game at cards Wisł, knew Whit, a bit Wit, quickness of fancy White, pale Wight, a person Whith'er, to what ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A BIT
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about A BIT
Click on an item to view that photo:
- A bit used
Seen on a Vancouver-area Four Thirds photowalk - April, 3 (Four Thirds day)
Photo credit: kennymatic
- A bit cold
Photo credit: zingyyellow...!
- A Bit More Yarn
Photo credit: Frederic Merchán
- Sweating a bit
Photo credit: gagilas
- HFF (a bit early)
Photo credit: Infomastern
- A Bit Wet In Upper Wharfedale
A few watersplashes as the bus made its way from Kettlewell to Buckden. Lots of standing water in the meadows - some from an overspilling River Wharfe but some fed from resurgent springs gushing out of the valley sides.
Photo credit: ARG_Flickr
- A bit green.
via Instagram ift.tt/2vDc4yA
Photo credit: avail
- A bit Misty
Photo credit: Shelleybelly1
- A BIT CHEESEY
Photo credit: Treforlutions TreVizionz
- A bit more orange.
Photo credit: bazzadarambler
View more pictures about A Bit of.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about A BIT
Click on an item to play that video:
- Speaking teochew... a bit different from teochew villager's dialect
Singapore Teochew Festival 2014.
- 'Thinking back a bit' a Cornish dialect poem by Brian Harris
In this poem Brain Harris reminisces about his younger years spent around the Ashton area in South-West Cornwall. This humorous poem uses a range of local ...
- A Bit Explanation..
- How to give a "Toast": A Bit Tipsy! || American English Dialect .
How to give a "Toast": A Bit Tipsy! || American English Dialect . ~...
- Just a bit more explanation about the igniter circuit and a simulator also
Showing the circuit of the Igniter and how it works.
- Explanation + a Bit o' Splegg!
- A bit Meaning
Video shows what a bit means. To a small extent, in a small amount, rather.. A bit Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say a bit.
- Orion does the dialect 'quiz' and sings a bit. :)
- A bit about names and their meaning...
- An explanation about a bit
- 0.13.0!!! Meaning no InfernoCraft for a bit
- Let's Play Megaman 4 and learn a bit about the english language
- Mayan language sounds a bit like Kalahari Bushpeople
See also the pronunciation examples of A BIT!
KIT KAT: Learn a bit of sign language
Make the most of your break time and learn something new. With KIT KATs Break Training videos, you can learn a new thing everyday. Visit youtube.com/kitkat ...
Quotes about A BIT
A bit thicker,
A bit lovable,
A bit useful,
A bit better;
But we need you and,
You will be well once again! !
However, try to take it up to yourself and,
Let me take this away!
For, i just want you to know who i am. (Edward Kofi Louis)
Anagrams of A BIT
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of A BIT!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of A BIT to see it in context!