A Better Tomorrow
is an acrostic for abt.
On this page:
- "A Better Tomorrow" is a 1986 Hong Kong crime film directed by John Woo and starring Ti Lung, Leslie Cheung and Chow Yun-fat. The film had a profound influence on the Hong Kong film-making industry, and later on an international scale.
- also known as Xing xiong ben se, Ein besseres Morgen (Der wahre Charakter von Helden), Ying hung boon sik, Bolje sutra, Amenaza final, Boljsi jutri, Byle do jutra, City Wolf, City Wolf 1, Crime em Hong Kong, Gangland Boss, Gia ena kalytero avrio, Obracun v Hongkongu, Otoko tachi no banka, Otoko tachi no banka I, Rapid Fire, Szebb holnap, The Essence of Heroes, Un mañana mejor, Ying xiong ben se, True Colors of a Hero, Le syndicat du crime, The Color of a Hero
- country: Hong Kong
- languages: Standard Chinese, English Language, Cantonese
- producers: Tsui Hark & John Woo
- production design by Bennie Lui
- art direction by Bennie Lui
- written by Leung Suk-Wah, John Woo, Chan Hing-Ka
- Chow Yun-Fat as Mark 'Gor' Lee
- Leslie Cheung as Sung Tse-Kit
- Ti Lung as Sung Tse-Ho
- Kenneth Tsang as Ken
- John Woo as Inspector Wu
- Waise Lee as Shing
- Emily Chu as Jackie
- Shing Fui-On as Shing's right hand man
- Chi Fai Chan as Little Wang
- Hing-Yin Kam as Mr. Mok
- San Nam Hung as Triad Member
- Yangzi Shi as Mr. Yiu
- Tien Feng as Father Sung
- Hap Wong as Mr. Wang
- Stephen Chow as Taiwanese Triad #6
- Ming Leung as Uncle Chan
- Pierre Tremblay as Interpol Officer
- Tsui Hark as Music Judge
- Shung Fung Lau as Taiwanese Triad #1
- Wei Ho Tu as Taiwanese Triad #2
- Yung-sheng Pan as Taiwanese Triad #3
- Seng-Kwong Chang as Taiwanese Triad #4
- Foo-wai Lam as Taiwanese Triad #5
- Hsi-chun Yang as Triad Member in Parking Lot
- Wai Tong Wong as Shing's Gangster #1
- Te-wei Chu as Shing's Gangster #2
- Ming-Wai Chan as Shing's Gangster #3
- Wing-Hong Cheung as Shing's Gangster #4
- Wai Cheung Mak
- Han-yuan Ma
- Patrick Leung
- Kwok Leung Cheung
- cinematography by Wing-Hung Wong
- edited by Kam Ma & David Wu
- music by David Wu, Joseph Koo
- costume design by Gam-Jan Yeung
- genres: Thriller, Action Film, Crime Fiction, Drama, East Asian cinema, Korean drama, World cinema
- released on (29 years ago)
- Hong Kong Film Award for Best Film nomination for John Woo & Tsui Hark
- Hong Kong Film Award for Best Actor nomination for Chow Yun-Fat
- Hong Kong Film Award for Best Actor nomination for Ti Lung
- Hong Kong Film Award for Best Supporting Actor nomination for Waise Lee
- Hong Kong Film Award for Best Director nomination for John Woo
- Hong Kong Film Award for Best Screenplay nomination for John Woo
- Hong Kong Film Award for Best Cinematography nomination for Wing-Hung Wong
- Hong Kong Film Award for Best Art Direction nomination for Bennie Lui
- Hong Kong Film Award for Best Film Editing nomination for Kam Ma
- Hong Kong Film Award for Best Original Film Score nomination for Joseph Koo
- Hong Kong Film Award for Best New Performer nomination for Waise Lee
- Hong Kong Film Award for Best Film, received by Tsui Hark & John Woo
- Hong Kong Film Award for Best Actor, received by Chow Yun-Fat
- "A Better Tomorrow": The story of three men who become one in the name of brotherhood. Two brothers stand against one another as enemies: Hyuk and Chul. The two brothers have been separated since childhood. Hyuk, the older one, has become the boss of a weapons smuggling gang.Chul has become a policeman. The brothers who had cared for each other like no other confront one another and take aim at each other's hearts. Loyalty stronger than blood. Hyuk and Young-chun share ten years of friendship while leading the gang as the two aces. Their bond is damaged by rival gangster Tae-min, who is fond of playing dirty.
- also known as Mujeogja, A Better Tomorrow Remake Project, Moo-jeok-ja, A Better Tomorrow 2K12, Invincible
- countries: South Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, Thailand
- languages: Korean Language, Thai Language, English Language, Russian Language
- director: Song Hae-sung
- producers: Park Hyung-jun & Daisuke 'Dais' Miyachi
- executive producers: John Woo, Terence Chang, Daniel Chun-on Cheung, Byeong-woo Lim, David Matsumoto & Peter Poon
- production design by Yang Hong-sam
- written by Kim Hae-Gon, Hyo-seok Kim, Taek-kyung Lee & Geun-mo Choi
- casting by Jong-do Kim
- cinematography by Seung-gi Kang
- edited by Park Gok-ji
- music by Jae-jin Lee
- costume design by Kim Jeong-Won
- genres: Action Film, Drama, Korean drama, World cinema
- rating: R (USA)
- released on (5 years ago)
- official website: banka2011.com/top.html
- "A Better Tomorrow" a.k.a. "Story of a Discharged Prisoner", also called Upright Repenter, is a 1967 Hong Kong film directed by Patrick Lung Kong.
- read more about Story of a Discharged Prisoner
"A Better Tomorrow" a.k.a. "A better tomorrow?" is a book by Dorothy Harrison.
- "A Better Tomorrow" is a 2014 musical album by Wu-Tang Clan.
- released in
- "A Better Tomorrow" a.k.a. "A Better Tomorrow?" is a musical album of Deckwrecka.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A Better Tomorrow
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Andrew Spicer
A Better Tomorrow, loosely based on a famous Cantonesedialect thriller (Story of a Discharged Prisoner, 1967—itself a remake of the French-American thriller Once a Thief, 1965, starring Alain Delon), depicts a gangster leader who tries to go ...
by Boris Ildusovich Kharisov, Oxana Vasilievna Kharissova, Ubaldo Ortiz-Mendez
Vision toward a Better Tomorrow with the Help of Nanofiltration Technology.
by American Heritage Dictionary
Not since nuclear power has a technology been so controversial, with opponents concerned about the creation of so-called Frankenfoods and proponents promising a better tomorrow through science. The term genetically modified organism ...
A Dictionary of Film Studies (2012)
by Annette Kuhn, Guy Westwell
—A Better Tomorrow ( John Woo, 1986), Infernal Affairs (Lau Wai-keung, 2002); and Brazil—Cidade de ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Better Tomorrow
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about A Better Tomorrow
Click on an item to view that photo:
- A Better Tomorrow (III)
Photo credit: Resio
- Building a better tomorrow
Photo credit: Mirciku
- Inventing a better tomorrow
Photo credit: darinrmcclure
- Red Sky After A Wet day portends a better tomorrow
A shepherd's delight
Photo credit: Harlequeen
- Gotham City: Building A Better Tomorrow!
Photo credit: PunkJr
Quotes about A Better Tomorrow
If you want a better tomorrow do good today.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of A Better Tomorrow to see it in context!