A Bright Shining Lie
On this page:
"A Bright Shining Lie" is a 1998 tv film directed by Terry George.
- country: United States of America
- languages: Vietnamese Language, English Language
- producer: Greg Ricketson
- executive producer: Lois Bonfiglio
- production design by Graham 'Grace' Walker
- art direction by Tom Nursey
- written by Terry George
- based on a story by Neil Sheehan
- Vivian Wu as Lee
- Kurtwood Smith as General Westmoreland
- Bill Paxton as John Paul Vann
- Amy Madigan as Mary Jane Vann
- Donal Logue as Steven Burnett
- Eric Bogosian as Doug Elders
- Harve Presnell as MACV General
- Robert John Burke as Frank Drummond
- Bo Eason as Officer Tally
- Karina Logue as Barmaid
- Lim Kay Tong as Colonel Cao Huynh Van
- Seng Kawee as VC Leader
- Andrew Borba as Reporter #1 - Nick
- Richard Libertini as Marriage Counselor
- Ed Lauter as General Weyand
- casting by Dianne Crittenden
- cinematography by Jack Conroy
- edited by Nicholas Beauman
- music by Gary Chang
- costume design by Joan Bergin
- set decoration by Caroline Usher
- genres: War film, Drama
- subject: Vietnam War
- rating: R (USA)
- released on (16 years ago)
- some of the awards:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A Bright Shining Lie
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Decade of Culture and Counterculture by Abbe A. Debolt, James S. Baugess
A Bright Shining Lie: ]John Paul Vann and America in Vietnam. New York: Random House, 1988. This history of U.S. involvement in Vietnam centers on Vann's activities as a field advisor in the army during the early years. Shellard, Dominic.
An Encyclopedia by Alexander Mikaberidze
A Bright Shining Lie: John Paul Vann and America in Vietnam. New York: Random House, 1988. Simpson, Gerry. Law, War and Crime: War Crimes Trials and the Reinvention of International Law.
by Glenmore S. Trenear-Harvey
A Bright Shining Lie: John Paul Vann and America in Vietnam. New York: Random House, 1988. Spector, Ronald H. Advice and Support: The Early Years; The U.S. Army in Vietnam. Washington, D.C.: Center of Military History, United States ...
by William Weir
A Bright Shining Lie: John Paul Vann and America in Vietnam. New York: Random House, 1998. Siepel, Kevin H. Rebel: The Life and Times ofJohn Singleton Mosby. New York: St. Martin's, 1983.
Sixth Edition by David Thomson
A Bright Shining Lie (98, Terry George); ...
by Stephen L. Vaughn
A Bright Shining Lie: John.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Bright Shining Lie
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: