On this page:
- Definition of the adjective a capella
- Definition of the adverb a capella
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A Capella
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Capella
- Photos about A Capella
- Video language resources about A Capella
- Sign language
- Anagrams of A CAPELLA
- Share this page
Definition of the adjective a capella
What does a capella mean as an attribute of a noun?
Definition of the adverb a capella
What does a capella mean as an attribute of something other than a noun?
- without musical accompaniment
- synonym of a capella: a cappella
"A Capella" is a 2007 adult film directed by Michael Ninn.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- genre: Pornographic film
- released in (8 years ago)
- "A capella" is a musical album of Richard Strauss.
- released in (6 years ago)
- "A Capella" is a musical album of Bläck Fööss.
- released in (22 years ago)
- "A Capella" is a musical album of A Capella.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A Capella
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A CAPELLA, or A LA CAPELLA, in Mus., means, in the church style ; it is equivalent to Alia Breve (q. v.), a time-signature which frequently appears in church-music It also denotes that the instruments are to play in unison with the voices, or that ...
by John Feltham Danneley
CAPELLA, see A Capella. DIRITTA, denotes an ascending, or descending passage by degrees, or step by step. ALLA FRANCESE, this term more particularly applies to violin music, and denotes moderate time, detaching each ALL.
A new Dictionary of Music (1835)
by Esq. W. WILSON
A Capella, in the style of church music.
Modern Music and Musicians: Encyclopedia: v. 1. A history of music; special articles; great composers; v. 2. Religious music of the world; vocal music and musicians; the opera; history and guide; v. 3. The theory of music; piano technique; special articles; modern instruments; anecdotes of musicians; dictionary. (musical terms and biography) (1912)
by Louis Charles Elson
Canto a capella ...
An Encyclopedia of Places in American Popular Culture [3 volumes] by Gladys L. Knight
A capella refers to singing that is unaccompanied by musical instruments. Barbershop quartets were originally created by African American men during the late 19th century. The singing was performed exclusively within barbershops, hence ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Capella
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about A Capella
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about A Capella
Click on an item to play that video:
- The Shins- New Slang (a capella )
Minna Akutsu singing awesomely at Amherst college!
- The Futureheads - decent days and nights (acoustic and a capella) - New Slang, Kingston
The Futureheads - decent days and nights (acoustic and a capella) - New Slang, Kingston.
- The Futuehreads - Carnival Kids (acoustic and a capella) at New Slang, Kingston, Sept 2012
- The Futuehreads - acoustic and a capella at New Slang, Kingston, Sept 2012
- Small Voice/Love in Any Language Cover by Dom (A Capella)
Arrangement and voice parts by Dominic.
- Assistance With Resistance - An A Capella Message In Language of Light
- A Capella Language
See also the pronunciation examples of A Capella!
Before the Throne of God Above - A Capella + Sign Language (PSE, ASL)
Fruitful Healthy Living...
Anagrams of A CAPELLA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of A Capella!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of A Capella to see it in context!