A Certain Sacrifice
On this page:
"A Certain Sacrifice" is singer Madonna's first movie, made in September 1979, written and directed by Stephen Jon Lewicki. Madonna starred with Jeremy Pattnosh and Charles Kurtz. Madonna's earliest film was not released until 1985. The movie is an "oddball" indie, shot on-and-off over two years in New York City for just $20,000. Madonna finished her scenes in the Fall of 1980. Almost all of the cast were unpaid.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- written by Stephen Jon Lewicki & Jeremy Pattnosh
- based on a story by Robert Manganaro Morris
- Jeremy Pattnosh as Dashiel
- Madonna as Bruna
- Charles Kurtz as Raymond Hall
- Kate Magill as Susan Porter
- Timmy Leight as The Landlady
- Michael Dane as Transvestite Slave
- Russell O. Lome as Male Slave
- Angi Smit as Female Slave
- Joseph Pattnosh as Father
- Ann Pattnosh as Mother
- John Joseph Pattnosh as Young David
- Chuck Varesko
- Karl Ludwig Selig as Professor Mann
- Ed Krakaur as Learning Center Friend
- Charles Daguerre Alvaré as Preston Basset
- cinematography by Stephen Jon Lewicki
- edited by Stephen Jon Lewicki & Robert Manganaro Morris
- music by Jeremy Pattnosh
- genres: Crime Drama, Crime Fiction
- released in (30 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A Certain Sacrifice
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by H.J. Davies
a certain sacrifice or oroo performed hastily. Mauiui, s. pain, anguish, grief ...
by Christopher H. Sterling
Still, some saw a certain sacrifice in the newfound popularity of the genre on the airwaves. The anticommercial heavy metal of the 1970s gave way, slowly but surely, to a new style sometimes derisively called “lite metal,” which meant less ...
by Jill Condra
A certain sacrifice actually required the use of a knife made of stone (silex) rather than iron or bronze, so that it harked back to a time before the use of metal. This archaic aspect of Roman religion, which drew its authority from its connection to ...
by Joel B. Green, Jacqueline Lapsley, Rebekah Miles, Allen Verhey
a certain sacrifice is prescribed (bull); when the whole congregation unknowingly sins (4:13–21), there is another sacrifice (bull, but with ...
A biblical cyclopaedia, or, Dictionary of Eastern antiquities, geography, natural history, sacred annals and biography, theology and biblical literature, illustrative of the Old and New Testaments (1860)
by John Eadie
appointed a certain sacrifice for him to offer, and towards night caused a "deep sleep "to fall upon ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Certain Sacrifice
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Quotes about A Certain Sacrifice
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'A Certain Sacrifice"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of A Certain Sacrifice for some fun with words!