A Christmas Memory
On this page:
"A Christmas Memory" is a short story by Truman Capote. Originally published in Mademoiselle magazine in December 1956, it was reprinted in The Selected Writings of Truman Capote in 1963. It was issued in a stand-alone hardcover edition by Random House in 1966, and it has been published in many editions and anthologies since.
- also known as "A Christmas Memory (Modern Library)", 圣诞忆旧集
- language: English Language
- Older Cousin
- Haha Jones
- genres: Fiction, Children's literature
- subjects: Poverty, Christmas, Family
- released in (59 years ago)
"A Christmas Memory" is a 1997 family drama TV film written by Duane Poole and directed by Glenn A. Jordan.
- also known as Truman Capote's 'A Christmas Memory'
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- director: Glenn Jordan
- producer: Glenn Jordan
- executive producers: John Philip Dayton & Robert Halmi
- production design by Fred Harpman
- written by Duane Poole
- based on "A Christmas Memory" by Truman Capote
- Piper Laurie as Jennie
- Eric Lloyd as Buddy
- Jimmie F. Skaggs as Haha Jones
- Patty Duke as Sook
- Anita Gillette as Callie
- Jeffrey DeMunn as Seabone
- Robert C. Treveiler as Buddy
- Julia McIlvaine as Rachel
- Esther Scott as Anna Stabler
- Dan Albright as Grocer
- Reynolds Allen as Customer #1
- Suzi Bass as Rachel's Mother
- Dan Biggers as Reverend Dickson
- Lala Cochran as Lazy Wife
- David Dwyer as Farley Wood
- Edith Ivey as Customer #2
- Frank Roberts as Mr. Macafee
- Alex Van as Bus Driver
- Leland L. Jones as Tree Deliveryman
- casting by Lynn Kressel
- cinematography by Neil Roach
- edited by David A. Simmons
- music by Lee Holdridge
- costume design by Linda Donahue
- set decoration by Joseph Litsch
- genres: Television film, Family, Drama
- released on (18 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A Christmas Memory
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Gerry Bowler
“A Christmas Memory” Asad little storyfrom 1956 by Truman Capote about aboyandan elderly female friend who saveallyear to accumulatethe money necessary to buy ingredientsfor the hostof Christmas cakes they bake and give away.
by Mary Ellen Snodgrass
Charles Dickens “A Christmas Memory” (1956), Truman Capote The Christmas Witch ( 1893), ...
A Decade of Culture and Counterculture by Abbe A. Debolt, James S. Baugess
A Christmas Memory, a short novel first published in 1956, was reissued in 1966 to capitalize on Capote's fame after In Cold Blood. It was continued with The Thanksgiving Visitor. Capote enjoyed the success of In Cold Blood, which allowed ...
1930-2010 by James Fisher
Page also won two Golden Globe Awards, for Summer and Smoke and Sweet Bird of Youth, among several nominations, and won two Emmy Awards, for Truman Capote's A Christmas Memory (1966) and The Thanksgiving Visitor ( 1967).
by Stephen L. Vaughn
The same yearhe publishedMuses are Heard,Capote wrote a nonfiction short story, A Christmas Memory, published a decade laterasa book. In 1958, Esquire published Breakfast atTiffany's. When published in book form with three short ...
by Neil Butterworth
A Christmas Memory (1966); Frank's Greatest Adventure (Fearless Frank) (1967) ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Christmas Memory
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of A Christmas Memory to see it in context!