A Country Doctor
On this page:
- "A Country Doctor" is a short story written in 1919 by Franz Kafka. It was first published in the collection of short stories of the same title.
- released in (97 years ago)
- "A Country Doctor" is a fiction novel by American author Sarah Orne Jewett. The book, which was first published in 1884, was based on the relationship between Jewett and her physician father. The main character of A Country Doctor, Nan, is a young woman that encounters much strife when she decides to go against the traditional values of the day and become a doctor. The work has been compared to Elizabeth Stuart Phelps Ward's Doctor Zay, which also depicted a woman seeking a medical career in the late 1800s.
- language: English Language
- genre: Fiction
- released in (132 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A Country Doctor
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Volume 22: Science and Medicine by James G. Thomas Jr., Charles Reagan Wilson
A country doctor relied on various resources to practice good medicine: formal training at medical schools or apprenticeships, staying current with new medical books and journals, contributing writings to the field, participating in medical ...
A Collection of Over Nine Thousand Anecdotes, and Illustrations of Life, Character, Humor and Pathos
" A country doctor announces that ...
by Charles Dudley Warner, Hamilton Wright Mabie, Charles Henry Warner, Lucia Isabella Gilbert Runkle
'A Country Doctor); ' A Marsh Island); 'A White Heron and Other Stories); 'The Story of the Normans,” a ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Country Doctor
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about A Country Doctor
A country doctor [Front cover]
Photo credit: Boston Public Library
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of A Country Doctor to see it in context!