A Death in the Family
On this page:
"A Death in the Family" is a composition.
- music by Jerry Goldsmith
- "A Death in the Family" is an autobiographical novel by author James Agee, set in Knoxville, Tennessee. He began writing it in 1948, but it was not quite complete when he died in 1955. It was edited and released posthumously in 1957 by editor David McDowell. Agee's widow and children were left with little money after Agee's death and McDowell wanted to help them by publishing the work. Agee won the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction in 1958 for the novel. The novel was included on Time's 2005 list of the 100 best English-language novels written since 1923.
- "A death in the family" is a book by J. C. Wenger.
- "A Death in the Family" is a 2002 film directed by Gilbert Cates.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- production design by Marcia Calosio
- based on "A Death in the Family" by James Agee
- genres: Film adaptation, Television film, Historical period drama, Family Drama, Drama
- released in (14 years ago)
- "A Death in the Family" is a 2000 documentary film directed by Terry Carlyon.
- producers: Terry Carlyon & Robyn Miller
- edited by John Brawley
- released in (16 years ago)
- some of the awards:
- "A Death in the Family" is a musical 2012 film written by William Mayer and directed by Róbert Alföldi.
- genre: Musical
- released on
A Death in the Family is a Big Finish Productions audio drama based on the long-running British science fiction television series Doctor Who.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A Death in the Family
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Teresa L. Thompson
For example, a death in the family is a significant event. Whether and how children ...
by Jan Onofrio
Like Let Us Now Praise Famous Men, A Death in the Family embodies a variety of literary techniques. Its eloquent prologue, "Knoxville: Summer of 1915," published originally in Partisan Review in 1938, iS an almost cinematic evocation of ...
The Encyclopedia Americana (1904)
by Frederick Converse Beach, George Edwin Rines
It is a custom in many parts of England and the Continent to announce to the bees a death in the family, especially that of the master. It is said that if a swarm of bees settle on the dead branch of a live tree a death will occur in the family within a ...
The Encyclopedia of Film (1991)
by James Monaco
which chronicled the hard lives of Alabama sharecroppers, and the autobiographical, Pulitzer Prize-winning novel, A Death in the Family, posthumously published in 1957. As a film critic, Agee made a ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Death in the Family
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about A Death in the Family
A Death in the Family
Photo credit: Marcus Grbac
Video about A Death in the Family
ESL & A Death in the Family (#12daysforgood Vlog)
ESL & A Death in the Family (#12daysforgood Vlog)...
See also the pronunciation examples of A Death in the Family!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of A Death in the Family to see it in context!