A Dream of Passion
On this page:
"A Dream of Passion" is a 1978 Greek drama film directed by Jules Dassin. The story follows Melina Mercouri as Maya, an actress playing Medea, who seeks out Brenda Collins, portrayed by Ellen Burstyn, a woman who is in jail for murdering her own children to punish her husband for his infidelity.
- also known as Kravgi gynaikon, I alli Mideia
- countries: Greece, Switzerland
- languages: English Language, German Language, Greek Language
- producer: Giorgos Arvanitis
- written by Jules Dassin
- based on a story by Euripides & Minos Volanakis
- Ellen Burstyn as Brenda Collins
- Melina Mercouri as Maya
- Andreas Voutsinas as Kostas
- Dimitris Papamichael as Dimitris
- Despo Diamantidou as Maria
- Giannis Voglis as Edward
- Faidon Georgitsis as Ronny
- Betty Valassi as Margaret
- Andreas Filippides as Stathis
- Irene Emirza as Diana
- Panos Papaioannou as Manos
- Manos Katrakis as Creon
- Dimitris Papamichael as Jason
- Melina Mercouri as Medea
- cinematography by Giorgos Arvanitis
- edited by Georges Klotz
- music by Giannis Markopoulos
- genre: Drama
- rating: R (USA)
- released on (37 years ago)
- award: - Golden Globe Award for Best Foreign Language Film (Greece)
"A dream of passion" is a book by Lee Strasberg.
- also known as "A dream of passion: the development of the method"
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A Dream of Passion
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Opera, Operetta, Musical Comedy by Robert Blumenfeld
A Dream of Passion. New York: Penguin Plume Books, 1987. Strasberg at the Actors Studio: Tape-Recorded Sessions.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Dream of Passion
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of A Dream of Passion for some fun with words!