A Girl Like You
is an acrostic for agly.
On this page:
- "A Girl Like You" is a Northern soul-inspired 1995 single by Scottish singer-songwriter Edwyn Collins from his album Gorgeous George. The song samples the drums track of Len Barry's 1965 hit "1-2-3". It was featured in the Empire Records soundtrack and second in the Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle soundtrack. On TV, it was featured in the Cleopatra 2525 episode Run Cleo Run, Spin City episode The Commitments, as well as in a Marks & Spencer advert in 2012. Alvin and the Chipmunks covered the song as a bonus track on their 2007 video game Alvin and the Chipmunks. The Black Keys have covered the song at various performances during their 2014 "Turn Blue World Tour.
- music by Edwyn Collins
- "A Girl Like You" is a song written by Jerry Lordan and recorded by Cliff Richard and the Shadows in 1961. In Richard's native UK, it went to #3 in the charts.
- music by Jerry Lordan
- A Girl Like You is a song by the American alternative rock group The Smithereens. It is the first single released in support of their third album 11.
- "A Girl Like You" is a single by Edwyn Collins.
- released in (21 years ago)
- award: - Brit Award for British Single nomination for Edwyn Collins
- "A Girl Like You" is a musical single of The Wolfgang Press.
- released in (23 years ago)
- "A Girl Like You" is a composition, cataloged instance.
- "A Girl Like You" is a musical single of Yanou & Mark Daviz.
- released in (6 years ago)
"A Girl Like You" is a film.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A Girl Like You
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Fellow of the British Academy and Senior Research Fellow Jeremy Butterfield, Jeremy Butterfield
Kingsley Amis's Take a Girl Like You, 1960, Helen Gurley Brown's Sex and the ...
by David Scott Kastan
Take a Girl Like You ...
Take a Girl Like You (1960b) , ...
by George Stade, Karen Karbiener
Critics are divided about Take a Girl Like You (1960).
by Christine L. Krueger
Critics are divided about Take a Girl Like You ( 1960).
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Girl Like You
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about A Girl Like You
Waiting...for a girl like you.
Photo credit: aschutz57
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of A Girl Like You to see it in context!