A Girl in Black
On this page:
"A Girl in Black" is a 1956 Greek dramatic film by the Cypriot director Michael Cacoyannis starring Dimitris Horn and Ellie Lambeti. The film takes place on the Greek island of Hydra, where two Athenian visitors become entangled in local feuds after one of them falls in love with a local girl.
- also known as The Girl in Black, To Koritsi me ta Mavra
- country: Greece
- language: Greek Language
- written by Michael Cacoyannis
- cinematography by Walter Lassally
- edited by Emil Provelengios
- music by Arghyris Kounadis
- genres: Romance Film, Drama
- released in (59 years ago)
- Golden Globe Award for Best Foreign Language Film (Greece)
- Golden Globe Award for Best Foreign Language Film (Germany, Japan, Italy, Finland, Greece)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for A Girl in Black
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Dictionary of Films (1972)
by Georges Sadoul, Peter Morris
A GIRL IN black Greece 1955. Dir/Seen Michael Cacoyannis Photog Walter Lassally Mus Argyris Kounadis Ed Emile Provelengios Cast Elli Lambetti, Georges Foundas, Dimitri Horna Prod Hermes. 93 mins.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for A Girl in Black
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the wordplay of A Girl in Black for some fun with words!